Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Np, I'm sure if they can do it they will try. I do feel however games won't be covered by this, someone can correct me if they know more about it.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array ..VeNoM..'s Avatar

Even if games can't be covered but music and video are able to be auto selected that would be half the battle won. My problem is not knowing the bit and sample to use as most my videos and music are in different formats/quality. I too will send them an email regarding this.

Raja, any chance of a 'What you would like from the next drivers' topic and sticky it?

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Music dead easy to find the sample rates for actually. If you use Foobar to playback the file it will show you all the info or you can right click on it and it will show you the encoded bit rate (bit more complicated that). For movies, Dolby TrueHD supports 24 bit 192KHz in 5.1 format. Thats really all one needs to know to get by and not struggle with this too much. I say this so you don't worry too much in case this cannot be added for whatever reason.

Dont think we need a sticky thread, it will just become a hash of posts. I prefer individual threads.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by txfeinbergs View Post
    Thanks Raja, sent email as follows:

Hello, I have a couple of feature requests for upcoming Xonar Phoebus driver updates if possible:

1. Please consider an option of allowing the SW/card to automatically select the proper bit-depth / sampling rate based on what the source material was recorded at. Most of the time I have absolutely no idea what the source was recorded at i.e. for games, so I don’t know what to set the options to in the UI.
    2. If the HW design will allow it, I would like for the volume control on the breakout box to control the volume of the speakers when a headphone is not plugged into the box. This would prevent having to ALT-Tab out of a game to adjust the speaker volume.

Thank you for your consideration.

Regards,
    Both are very good ideas and I second them.
    When I connect a headset with microphone to the control box I always hear myself with an echo, not matter which settings.
    No idea if this is because of I do something wrong or if it is a software bug.

@Raja: Any idea how to fix this?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2