cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Rampage IV Formula - CPU error

Haeoful
Level 7
So I just assembled my new computer today. But when I start the computer, all the fans work, and the video card appears to be running (GTX 680) and the CPU cooler is working (H100) the CPU_LED q-led lights up red and nothing shows up on my screen. my processor is the 3930K, what could be causing this issue? I have reseated the processor and that didn't solve the problem.
7 REPLIES 7

SUKARA
Level 10
Hi..

Please do once CLRTC setting.
first.turn off all power and check the LED is off on the moterboard.
Then,remove the battery under the motherboard,wait 1min after,back the battery to motherboard
Finally,turn on the power and re-start PC testing again.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello mate

Could you tell me what the two digit Q-code is showing during this process and where it stops.

Very good advice from Sukara too. 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Hello mate

Could you tell me what the two digit Q-code is showing during this process and where it stops.

Very good advice from Sukara too. 🙂

Hmmm. There isn't a q-code when the computer powers on. Just the q-led for the CPU.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hi there!:)

Have you got the 24 pin ATX and 8 pin ATX power connectors in and seated properly. Is your BIOS 1005 or later?

Have you tried changing to your second BIOS?

HiVizMan
Level 40
OK so your two digit LCD poster is showing no number (activity) at all when powered on?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
OK so your two digit LCD poster is showing no number (activity) at all when powered on?

Yup. No activity at all from the debug LCD. Just dropped the computer off at a store in my town, hopefully they might be able to get it running.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Cheers keep us informed please.