cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old and New problems with Maximus IV Extreme Board (Please Help)

Retired
Not applicable
So, I had a pre update Maximus IV extreme and just the other day installed my revised version I received from Newegg. I’ve had the same problem on both boards so I assume this problem is not hardware specific but I cannot figure it out. Additionally I’ve had a new and probably unrelated problem on the replacement board.

First off, my setup: (I’m at work so doing this from memory)
Maximus IV Extreme 1101 bios , 2600K OC’ed to 4.6 GHz @ 1.32v, 16gb DDR3 16000 Mushkin Redline CAS7 Memory, C300 Crucial 128GB SSD Drive (primary), 2TB Seagate Data drive secondary, Old GTX280 Video Card (I’m waiting for Kepler), Logitech 510 Keyboard, Logitech gaming mouse (don’t remember version), and Windows 7 64bit. Latest drivers off Asus / Nvidia’s site.

Now my problem(s):
Problem on both old and new motherboard is the resume on sleep function. When you put your PC in sleep mode, at least on every other computer I own, I simply need to mash some keys to start it back up. When I do that on this system it makes the noises but my USB keyboard / mouse doesn’t power up, displays don’t come on, and the internal LED reads EA or E9 (not 100% on this as I’m at work). Is it a problem with my SSD drive or a setting that I over looked?

My 2nd problem, and this is only on the new replacement ROG board has to do with rear USB ports, keyboard and mouse. Historically I’ve used the 2nd set of USB ports to power mouse / keyboard as the top set plug into the headers for the front of my case (Cooler Master HAF 932 I think). On 3 occasions, twice during a game and once surfing the net, the keyboard and mouse would both die… 1min later I’d get a USB message saying your device has malfunctioned, click here for more info (of course I cant). Removing the keyboard mouse to different ports does not fix the problem, they still wont light up. Additionally I did try it with my old G15 keyboard and got the error to happen again. To remedy the situation I’ve plugged them into the front of my computer (which is patched thru to the top ports) and haven’t had the problem in 48 hours of use. Just for reference on the 2nd set of ports I would get the problem each time within 30min of use.

I have not unplugged other USB devices to see if there is some strange conflict or tried other ports then the front of case ports (which patch to the back). Do I have a bad MB? I’d hate to pull this one after just installing it.

Sorry for the wall of text, but I hope someone has some good suggestions.

~Flasheart
5 REPLIES 5

Retired
Not applicable
I am having the same issue with my computer not resuming from sleep mode. i have a revised maximus iv extreme, 2600k (no overclock), g.skill 16gm ddr3 1600, western digital 640gb 6gb/s hd, logitech g19 keyboard, microsoft gaming mouse, 2 gtx 570 video cards, window 7 64bit. when i try to wake it up my mouse lights up and a few of the light on my keyboard comes on, but system does nothing. i'v had no other issues since i built the system, but i can't seem to figure out what is causing this issue. any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Retired
Not applicable
videocard drivers control sleep mode entirely not the motherboard. I would recommend updating the drivers for your videocards to the latest and greatest.

Retired
Not applicable
videocard drivers control sleep mode entirely not the motherboard. I would recommend updating the drivers for your videocards to the latest and greatest.

Retired
Not applicable
drivers are all up to date. i even had this video card in previous system with the same video drivers and i would have no trouble with coming out of sleep mode.

Retired
Not applicable
I've resolved the S3 sleep issue by changing the PLL Overvoltage default option in the bios to disable from enable. It now goes to sleep and wakes up like a champ. However, my strange USB issues persist. I've been in contact with newegg for a replacement since when they die they are not seen in the bios - leads me to believe hardware issue.