cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on debug code 55 with my new Maximus IV Extreme-Z

Bertieboy
Level 7
Hi there!

This week I got my set of brand new computerparts, for which I was about use for building my new computer. As everything was in place, I could finally push the little start button to test it...

However, immediately I could se some debug codes on the LED on the motherboard. My main concern about those codes
were the 55 = Memories not installed.

I've tried switching em out, trying one memory on a different spot each time, still nothing new. So please, help me with this. It's
kinda frustrating not knowing what to do.

My parts are:

Intel iCore7 - 3770k 3,5Ghz 1155 socket
Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 16Gb (4x4gb) DDR3- 12500 1600Mhz CML16GX3M4X1600C8
Asus GTX 690
Corsair H100 - Coolingsystem
Corsair AX 850 Professional Series Gold

So if you please could help me somehow with this..

Dear Regards

Jörgen
7 REPLIES 7

8_Pack
Level 12
55 is often caused when the board is warped due to an overtightened CPU cooler or one that has been fitted such that a CPU pin has been moved out of line in the socket.

Firstly remove the cooler and CPU and check the pins in the socket. Once you have done this remove the battery and then replace the CPU and if you have an Intel box cooler try that or very carefully mount the waterblock making sure you dont overtighten. Then reset Bios and try booting the board with one stick, nothing boot power, mem and VGA in the system. If it boots mem test this stick two passes. Then systematically test each stick in turn.

Once you have confirmed the sticks all work correctly through mem test then start adding extra sticks to the system one at a time until you have all 4 installed.

See how this goes and post back.

Your CPU is not supported without a 3 series bios,thats why you cant boot up. so you have 2 choices,if you have a Sandybridge CPU laying around,or you have a friend who has one,just pop it in your board,flash to the latest 3 series bios,then put your Ivy cpu in,job done. Or if not,then follow my guide below toflash blind,but you must follow my instructions to the letter.

Originally Posted by moorhen2

Hi there,the simple answer is yes you can,using the ROG Connect procedure,ie,download the latest bios,using a memory stick formated to Fat32,place the bios file on it,rename it to M4EZ.ROM,with the board powered down,but still power to it,place the memory stick in the ROG Connect port,press the ROG Connect button next to it for several seconds then release,the LED light next to the first bios chip will start blinking,wait for this to stop blinking,it can take a few minutes,then your good to go.It is called flashing blind,you dont need a cpu installed.Hope this helps.

Here is the port you need to use.

ASUS CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z
AMD FX 8350 (1252)
INTEL CORE I7 2600K (3134A867)
ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME-Z (0002)

OCZ VERTEX 3 120 SSD
GIGABYTE 890FXA UD7 REV 2.1 (F3)
GIGABYTE 890FXA UD7 REV 2.0 (F3)
VARIOUS AMD CPU's
8 GIG G-SKILL SNIPER LOW VOLTAGE 1600
4 GIG G-SKILL RIPJAWS X 2133 C9
8 GIG CORSAIR VENGEANCE 1600 C8 (HYNIX)
CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 800D
CORSAIR HX1000W PSU
2X RADEON HD6970'S XFIRE
4X SAMSUNG F3 1T HDD's 2X RAID 0
CUSTOM WATERCOOLING

Just gotta give you a big round of applause moorhen!!

Tried the advice you gave me and the computer started normally 🙂

Gonna try putting additional memory sticks in later, just gonna focus on the basic parts as installing OS and things like that!

Bertieboy wrote:
Just gotta give you a big round of applause moorhen!!

Tried the advice you gave me and the computer started normally 🙂

Gonna try putting additional memory sticks in later, just gonna focus on the basic parts as installing OS and things like that!

No need to thank me my friend,just glad you are sorted out,enjoy your new Kit...:)
AMD FX 8350 (1252)

OCZ VERTEX 3 120 SSD
VARIOUS AMD CPU's
CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 800D
CORSAIR HX1000W PSU
2X RADEON HD6970'S XFIRE
CUSTOM WATERCOOLING

moorhen2 wrote:
Your CPU is not supported without a 3 series bios,thats why you cant boot up. so you have 2 choices,if you have a Sandybridge CPU laying around,or you have a friend who has one,just pop it in your board,flash to the latest 3 series bios,then put your Ivy cpu in,job done. Or if not,then follow my guide below toflash blind,but you must follow my instructions to the letter.

Originally Posted by moorhen2

Hi there,the simple answer is yes you can,using the ROG Connect procedure,ie,download the latest bios,using a memory stick formated to Fat32,place the bios file on it,rename it to M4EZ.ROM,with the board powered down,but still power to it,place the memory stick in the ROG Connect port,press the ROG Connect button next to it for several seconds then release,the LED light next to the first bios chip will start blinking,wait for this to stop blinking,it can take a few minutes,then your good to go.It is called flashing blind,you dont need a cpu installed.Hope this helps.

Here is the port you need to use.

No need to thank me my friend,just glad you are sorted,enjoy your new kit...:)

So sorry,did not meen to post this again,cant seem to delete post,soooooo sorry.
AMD FX 8350 (1252)

OCZ VERTEX 3 120 SSD
VARIOUS AMD CPU's
CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 800D
CORSAIR HX1000W PSU
2X RADEON HD6970'S XFIRE
CUSTOM WATERCOOLING

HiVizMan
Level 40
Moorhen2 once again to the rescue. Dude write that guide up nice and pretty for each of the motherboards and I will sticky them for you.

Well done my friend.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Moorhen2 once again to the rescue. Dude write that guide up nice and pretty for each of the motherboards and I will sticky them for you.

Well done my friend.

Thanks HiVizMan,just trying to help....:)
AMD FX 8350 (1252)

OCZ VERTEX 3 120 SSD
VARIOUS AMD CPU's
CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 800D