cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD is not detected

DnBVince
Level 7
Hi,
I just build a new rig with the maximus V formula, and the SSD (crucial m4 128gb) is not detected!
I tried to plug it to the intel z77 6gb/s port, nothing, then the Asmedia 6gb/s port, then tried the intel 3gb/s port, all with appropriate cables, and nothing. The dvd drive is detected, my old HDD is also detected. Windows 7 does load, and is ready to install. I also tried to see if the ssd would be detected by my older motherboard, and nothing. I dunno if I'm supposed to jump to conclusion and claim that the ssd is not working at all. Or maybe I should try to update the firmware? But I mean... it's not detected. Crucial claimed I should try to update it anyway. It's my first time using an ssd... any of you guys happen to be in the same situation or can help?
Thanks!!
Asus Maximus V formula
Intel i7 3770K 3.50 ghz
Corsair Dominator 2x4Gb 1600 mhz
Asus GTX 670 TOP
Crucial SSD m4 128Gb
Corsair 650D
Corsair profesionnal 650W
7 REPLIES 7

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello

This is going to be a stupid question but hey let me ask it.

How are you deciding if your SSD is detected or not? Are you looking in the BIOS? Or in OS?

Does the Disc management see your SSD?

Go to control panel, type disc management in the search area. Click on the application and if your SSD is picked up you can then set it as active.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Well it's not detected in the BIOS, and when I booted with the win 7 cd at first, I couldn't install it anywhere, since the ssd was not detected!
Asus Maximus V formula
Intel i7 3770K 3.50 ghz
Asus GTX 670 TOP
Crucial SSD m4 128Gb
Corsair 650D

HiVizMan
Level 40
Ah thanks.

Would you try these few steps and if still nothing then you will need to return your SSD to the place your bought it. Most of them you will have tried already but I am just going to list them in any case to make sure.

• Ensure that the power connector is secure and correctly fitted
  • Swap out the SATA cable
  • Clear CMOS of your system and then connect the SSD
  • In BIOS F5 and enter to set defaults

Does sound like a SSD that was DOA.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Like you suggested, I have already tried all of these options! For the CMOS part, I started testing it while it was outside of the case to make it easier to swap cables. I'm gonna have to call Crucial since i bought this thing a while ago!
Thanks for your support!
Asus Maximus V formula
Intel i7 3770K 3.50 ghz
Asus GTX 670 TOP
Crucial SSD m4 128Gb
Corsair 650D

jacpinto
Level 7
Hi, my first post. Hope you can give a hand on this.
My Maximus VI Gene is randomly detecting OCZ Agility4 (Indilinx Infused™ Everest 2) SSD on a cold start.
If I restart the system it generally comes to life...
Any help?
Thanks

My rig:
Intel Core i7-4770K + CORSAIR H110 Hydro
Asus Maximus VI Gene
G.SKILL Trident 4x4Gb DDR3 2400
Asus RAIDR PCIe SSD
OCZ Agility4 SSD
Intel SATA II 80Gb SSD
Samsung 1Tb HDD
Seagate 250Gb HDD
EVGA GeForce GTX 670 Graphics

Praz
Level 13
Does enabling hot plug for the port the drive is connected to help? Also is the drive's firmware at v1.5.2?

Praz wrote:
Does enabling hot plug for the port the drive is connected to help? Also is the drive's firmware at v1.5.2?

Praz,
I just updated the firmware to v1.5.2. Testing.
So far working fine.
Thanks for the tip