cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£5k ($7.8k) build help please

Pixxie_payne
Level 7
so i have finaly gotten a dream job and i am planning on building a super high end pc for 3d animation rendering and games production aswell as playing, recording and editing videos for youtube.

so far i have:
CPU: Intel i7-3770k
GPU: 2x GTX 690
Ram: 4x8gb (32gb) Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz
Motherboard: Asus Maximus V forumula z77
Case: Cooler Master Cosmos 2
Cooling:
CPU,GPU,NorthBridge = Custom liquid cooling
RAM = Cooling fan/ no cooler
Liquid cooling radiator(s) = 3x120mm rad + 2x120mm rad
Cooling fans = Corsair SP series
Harddrive:
Boot Drive: SSD (Unconfirmed model and size)
Storage and media: WD Green caviar (unconfirmed size)
PSU: open to suggestions
looking at getting a Sea sonic platinum 1000w
Optical drive: blueray reader and burner (unconfirmed model)

but i cant figure out what ssd, psu or ram to use, i want to get realy high end stuff and max out everything for it so i wont have to upgrade.

post what you would suggest or a entire build spec
Due to the speed of its orbit and rotation, mercury's days last longer than its years.
32 REPLIES 32

Dark
Level 9
Corsair Professional Series Gold 850-Watt 80 Plus Gold Certified High-Performance Power Supply - CMPSU-850AX
SSD buy a Plextor there the best you can buy by far
As for DDR3 Ripjaws maybe up to you but yeah thats some kick ass stuff just there
motherboard ASUS Crosshair V Formula
PSU Fractal Design Newton R2 1000W
MemoryRipjaws 16 GB
CaseArmor Mx
CPUAMD Bulldozer FX-8120 8 Core 3.10GHz

Clocked to 4.5GHz

Im a girl 🙂 so be nice as i bite

If this is to be a workstation more than a gaming rig then I would consider building two separate purpose-built rigs. There are advantages to Quadro when it comes to workstations but they aren't good gaming cards.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
If this is to be a workstation more than a gaming rig then I would consider building two separate purpose-built rigs. There are advantages to Quadro when it comes to workstations but they aren't good gaming cards.

its suppose to be part time work station, the reason why i am spending £5k on a super high end gaming pc is to counter the need for a £5000 graphics card and keep it running fast cause of the CUDA cores over the 4 gpu's
Due to the speed of its orbit and rotation, mercury's days last longer than its years.

kkn
Level 14
IF you whant to wait to but a 2'nd 690 ( one 690 uses 2 680 gpu's ( if i dont remember wrong ) so they are sorta in SLI on one card ) you can save some monney there if you whant to.
psu 1000W or 1200W i recomend IF your going to expand more later ( and if your going whit 2 690 ).
ssd minimum 128 gig and get a drive where you can store programs and games on so you dont fill up the OS disk, more then 70-75% and the lifespand will go down on it ( some one typed so on a post on this forum some where ).
i use a ssd for OS and one for games, and a hdd for backup/storage.

kkn wrote:
IF you whant to wait to but a 2'nd 690 ( one 690 uses 2 680 gpu's ( if i dont remember wrong ) so they are sorta in SLI on one card ) you can save some monney there if you whant to.
psu 1000W or 1200W i recomend IF your going to expand more later ( and if your going whit 2 690 ).
ssd minimum 128 gig and get a drive where you can store programs and games on so you dont fill up the OS disk, more then 70-75% and the lifespand will go down on it ( some one typed so on a post on this forum some where ).
i use a ssd for OS and one for games, and a hdd for backup/storage.

the idea is to do quad sli with 2 cards for better performance for games production and animation rendering.

im also thinking of getting 2 ssd's
1 ssd for boot and programs, another for games.

i am looking at the seasonic platinum cause i would like it to be silent run aswell as super high performance

lan pc ( depends on what games to play or storage your after )
bf3 = 670 - 680 plays it well
128 ssd for OS and 128ssd for games and mecanical for storage.
amd is cheep, but dont suport pciex V3.0 yet, intel more expensive and suports 3.0.

kkn wrote:
lan pc ( depends on what games to play or storage your after )
bf3 = 670 - 680 plays it well
128 ssd for OS and 128ssd for games and mecanical for storage.
amd is cheep, but dont suport pciex V3.0 yet, intel more expensive and suports 3.0.

im most likly going to get a i7-3770k and a gtx 690, less weight, more speed and will most likly use a a black cavier for storageand games aswell as 120gb ssd for boot and software

Pixxie_payne
Level 7
im also planning on building a LAN pc aswell after this so any suggestions will be amazing 😄 also no price limit on it, just not liquid cooling it or doing sli/ crossfire.

xeromist
I've not used one myself but I know several people that are happy with the high end Silverstone PSU's.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…