cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G73JH-BST7 RMA And Asus Bangladesh

Fatal1tyBD
Level 7
The story all starts here, I bought a Asus G73JH-BST7 from Best Buy USA in March 3rd 2011 and got it shipped to Bangladesh at a hefty shipping price tag. Recently my laptop has started to go haywire just after the DVD+RW got broke.Now my keyboard does not work too,while during boot it takes much more longer time then any previous times despite of having a Intel 510 SSD fitted.Sometimes in POST I get this error "Drive I/O Error" and it fails to detect any of my two hard drives or any other hard drive attached to it.More worse,I sometimes can't boot at all,the screen does not move from the Asus boot logo.My USB ports are failing frequently while attached devices cant be found or unknown device error pops up every now and then.Moreover,My CPU and GPU temps are way over the head and sometimes I get lines or random shutdowns due to it.

After all these problems,I attempted to send this to Best Buy USA but having a look at the shipping charges (300 USD + 150 USD inbound TAX) I backed off.I contacted the local Asus RMA Center and after two weeks of wait they said "Unable to process your GLOBAL WARRANTY due to the item was PURCHASED IN USA ".
Any one from Asus Tech Support dwells here?
Please help!
59 REPLIES 59

Gorman
Level 12
ASUS is required to pay shipping for repairs. Call support and don't let them push you around!

You can contact MarshallR about support problems and he may be able to help you out.

Where do I find him?

chrsplmr
Level 18
I have forwarded this thread to Mason@Asus . Since 'they' seem to imply that this is a U.S. issue, not their problem.
I dont know about items bought in the U.S. and are currently out of country .. I just know that whatever can be
done, will be.
MarshallR@Asus can be contacted the same way .. when necessary, by clicking [Notifications] @ the top of the forum.
Then click [inbox]...then on the leftpanel click [Send New Messege] ... type their name
OR .. click any member's name or @Asus or Mod name (over their avatar) seen in a post and a drop menu will appear..click
send private messege.
Best of Luck .. keep us 'posted'.c.

Thanks for the help,I am a bit frustrated right now because of the behavior that I received from the local Asus outlet and frankly speaking,also thought to dump this lappy on their heads !
I have PM'ed some persons following the above instructions,now just waiting and keeping my fingers crossed!

chrsplmr
Level 18
Thats all you can do friend. Worry not.
And Please dont allow the frustrations brought on by 'those' get the best of you.
All here have a common goal .. the same as yours .. and bust hump to get us there.
Well played.c.

chrsplmr wrote:
.. and bust hump to get us there.

ChrsPlmr, you sure do say some weird things!

dstrakele
Level 14
Unfortunately, when you purchase an ASUS laptop from Best Buy, it is a special situation with regards to the Warranty. They do the Warranty work through Geek Squad. You don't get the ASUS Global Warranty on those systems. Best Buy sells their own Warranty extensions to generate extra cash on the sale of those laptops. It's a diffetent deal than when purchasing from other retailers.

Did you receive a hardcopy Warranty in the laptop box or printed out on an additional piece of Sales Slip paper? If so, that should discuss the Warranty terms in detail.

The ASUS Repair Center should've told you that when you attempted to set up the RMA. Holding onto your laptop for 2 weeks before giving you the news is unconscionable.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

chrsplmr
Level 18
thanks Gorman. Many have brought that to my attention and some of those things have even been awarded 'Stickies'. <<<[This is a favorite.]

In this instance the 'hump' I was refering to was that of the humble 'camel' whose heart would explode long before
their 'hump would bust' under tasking burdens asked and even longer before ever considering to refuse.
The humble camel you see, a beast of burden, simply has no quit. ROG.

and btw .. I learn't that here. Thanks again Mason@Asus .
(Not to take a crumb of respect for the herculean efforts brought forth selflessly by the many away.).c.

Mason
Level 10
Fatal1tyBD wrote:
The story all starts here, I bought a Asus G73JH-BST7 from Best Buy USA in March 3rd 2011 and got it shipped to Bangladesh at a hefty shipping price tag. Recently my laptop has started to go haywire just after the DVD+RW got broke.Now my keyboard does not work too,while during boot it take much more longer then any previous times despite of having a Intel 510 SSD fitted.Sometimes in POST I get this error "Drive I/O Error" and it fails to detect any of my two hard drives or any other hard drive attached to it.More worse,I sometimes can't boot at all,the screen does not move from the Asus boot logo.My USB ports are failing frequently while attached devices cant be found or unknown device error pops up every now and then.
After all these problems,I attempted to send this to Best Buy USA but having a look at the shipping charges (300 USD + 150 USD inbound TAX) I backed off.I contacted the local Asus RMA Center and after two weeks of wait they said "Unable to process your GLOBAL WARRANTY due to the item was PURCHASED IN USA ".
Any one from Asus Tech Support dwells here?
Please help!

Hi Fatal1tyBD.
Sorry for the issues you're having sending your laptop in for warranty service. The explanation that you received from your local service center doesn't make sense due to the fact that the country you purchase a product in doesn't affect whether or not you have global warranty. Global warranty depends on the particular SKU of the product you purchased, e.g., some G73Jh SKUs do have global warranty and other G73Jh SKUs don't. The characters after the dash identifies the particular SKU, in your case, BST7. This is a Best Buy model so it most likely doesn't have global warranty but if you PM me with your serial number, I can check that for you. The other issue is whether or not the service center there in Bangladesh is a global service center or not as not all service centers are global service centers. PM me so I can get some more information and we'll go from there.