Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Super Moderator Array

Fatal1tyBD,
    Sorry for the delay. Sent you a PM yesterday, so let me know if you didn't see it.
    Unfortunately, I don't know a lot of the details regarding this issue, so need you to provide me more information.
    Also, it's better to resolve this sooner if you want to get something done, so don't wait too long to follow up if possible.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by cl-Albert@ROG; 05-21-2013 at 04:48 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array Fatal1tyBD's Avatar

PM seen and sent

Super Moderator Array

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal1tyBD View Post
    Okay after 10 months of continuous struggle and poorest laptop support from Asus over in my country,my lappy is about to die due to :
    1.NO available LCD screens,keyboard,DVD Writer over here.
    2.My USB ports and trackpad stopped functioning.
    3.Too much hassle from ASUS RMA for fixing this beast up.
    Regretfully to say that,After my lappy dies,I will no longer be a loyal ROG customer anymore for my horrible experience.
    P.S : My laptop was in RMA for the most of the time in past 10 months,with deceiving hopes to fix it up and giving it back to me everyday.
    Thanks for sending me your serial number and hope it's okay to reply through the forums.
    Feel free to send me a PM if necessary and I may switch back to PMs too.

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to help much from the U.S. and will just forward your information for others to consider or confirm what can be done.
    Can you please summarize your current situation and what you would like to have done?

1. Are you concerned about warranty at all, or just trying to get the unit fixed locally for out-of-warranty and having troubles with this?
    2. Although you sent me your RMA number, I'm not able to check it in my system (for the U.S.), so can you tell me if your notebook is still at your local repair office under this rma number and when did you send in your notebook (and when did you get it back if it was returned to you and what were you told?)?
    3. Sounds like you may have a pretty long list of problems, but can you confirm what currently isn't working or needs to be fixed? From your original post I show: 1. DVD+RW broken, 2. keyboard not work, 3. boot takes much longer, 4. Sometimes in POST I get this error "Drive I/O Error" and it fails to detect any any hard drive attached to it, 5. sometimes can't boot at all,the screen does not move from the Asus boot logo, 6. USB ports failing frequently while attached devices cant be found or unknown device error pops up every now and then, 7. CPU and GPU temps are way over the head and sometimes I get lines or random shutdowns due to it.
    Last edited by cl-Albert@ROG; 05-22-2013 at 05:39 PM.

1.OF-COURSE I am concern about my warranty,why did I pay a premium for a premium product then?
    2.I sent my notebook many times,which dates shall I mention?
    3.And all the problems still remain the same,I have a dead keyboard,a half broken monitor,failing USB ports,overheating,broken DVD drive,and that god damn I/O error with long POST and BOOT times although I use a Intel 510 SSD!

Super Moderator Array

Fatal1tyBD, hope I'm not making this too difficult, but unfortunately, I don't have anything from your earlier discussions other than what is posted.

1.OF-COURSE I am concern about my warranty,why did I pay a premium for a premium product then?
    Okay, we should discuss the warranty more then.
    As Mason mentioned in his earlier post in this thread on 07-31-2012, your BestBuy notebook does not come with any international warranty, so wondering if this was resolved or still an issue. If you have been talking with anyone else to resolve the warranty issue, let me know and send me their names or information by PM if necessary.

Can you get an RMA for warranty repair from your local service center right now, or what issues are you having to arrange this (are they refusing warranty repair, or are there problems to get parts, etc.)?

2.I sent my notebook many times,which dates shall I mention?
    If it's easier, can you tell us when was your last RMA, where was the service location, and what was the result?

If it's not too much trouble, send me by PM a short summary of all your RMA numbers and when they were sent in for repair.

Thanks!
    Last edited by cl-Albert@ROG; 05-23-2013 at 06:04 PM.

Okay,I tried to go to the local RMA station,they seem to be a bit annoyed (!),I asked that could they fix it up or not and they gave me a blank look (as usual),then they simply refused me.
    My last RMA was roughly 10 months ago,the result was a total failure plus they added an extra monitor problem to my laptop.
    I lost the all three RMA memo's but the last one was still with me which I sent you via PM already.

No one replying so I guess its a ASUS RMA FAIL AGAIN XD
    Bye Asus,Welcome Sager!

See this is what you get when you come from a developing country,firstly Asus products are way expensive in your country and when you contact them for warranty you end up screwed up like me!
    So where are Mason,Albert and MarshallR from ASUS?
    Why are they so slient?

See this is what you get when you come from a developing country,firstly Asus products are way expensive in your country and when you contact them for warranty you end up screwed up like me!
    So where are Mason,Albert and MarshallR from ASUS?
    Why are they so slient?
    I'm not sure what ASUS North America can do for you or what exactly you are expecting from them.

From what I've seen:

Laptop purchased in US from Best Buy (Best Buy warranty is US only)
    You did not want to pay shipping for US for warranty service
    Local ASUS service center denied warranty repair due to it being a Best Buy only SKU.

I don't see where ASUS is at fault here.

When you import a laptop from another country it's wise to research any potential warranty costs before you make your purchase.

Sager (a Clevo & Compal reseller) , MSI & the others will have the same issues if you import them. Your safest bet is to purchase a laptop from your host country.

I know it sucks and I hope you have better luck with laptops in the future
    Last edited by Shawnnepc; 02-11-2014 at 05:22 PM.
    USA ASUS Reseller
    http://www.neteffectspc.com

Thanks for the clarification ShawennPC, but did you know the same model in my country cost BDT 186500 which is equivalent to 2331.25 USD?
    Secondly,the shipping charge was a whopping 300 USD (150 USD one way),so I expected to Asus bear one way perhaps?
    Thirdly,I literally wanted to pay for my warranty where Asus in my country kept me waiting for 6 months saying this and that every now and then and at the end of the day they just ended up telling the warranty can not be processed.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6