Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

G75VW Turbo Boost

I recently purchased a G75VW-DS71 and it does not seem to have turbo boost. Every thing I have read online and otherwise says that it has turbo boost however it doesn't have it. I use CPU-Z and it doesn't show that I have turbo boost. Also my CPU gadget doesn't say that I have turbo boost. I noticed that there is a turbo boost utility download on the Asus website. Do I have to download it and run it or what?

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array dstrakele's Avatar

You should see turbo boost (CPU running at higher frequency) in CPU-Z when you run the Prime95 stress test in the High Performace power profile.
    Last edited by dstrakele; 07-22-2012 at 03:03 PM.
    G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Banned Array

Intel Turbo Boost Technology Monitor v1.0.400.4

Thats the best one from ASUS that works right

Dont download the later 2.xx versions as those stay in your task bar all the time not only a gadget and if u close it from the task bar the gadget goes away

the one I posted above is only the gadget so you can see when your CPU goes up to full speed during high CPU demand or when launching apps

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array mrwolf's Avatar

Thanks. From what i understand Turboboost is a passive function that is hardwired into the i7 processors right? So its not something u turn on or turn off, it automatically adapts to usage and temperature.
    So really the Turbo boost monitor is just for monitoring correct? just wanna make sure

Banned Array

Quote Originally Posted by mrwolf View Post
    Thanks. From what i understand Turboboost is a passive function that is hardwired into the i7 processors right? So its not something u turn on or turn off, it automatically adapts to usage and temperature.
    So really the Turbo boost monitor is just for monitoring correct? just wanna make sure
    you are absoultely right

Just ensure you have the latest Intel Chipset Drivers installed as they gave me better Turbo Boost Speeds where I am reaching to 3.27 GHz. now!!

Intel Chipset Drivers v9.3.0.1021

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array DeltaActual's Avatar

Thanks a bunch Maximus

New ROGer Array

Here's what is going on

Hi, I tried all of the things that were told to me. I got the turbo boost gadget, I am running cpu-z and a even tried prime95. Nothing seems to kick in the turbo boost. Even in my bios it says nothing about turbo boostClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Stress Testing turbo boost.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	10347[ATTACH=CONFIG]10348 As you can see from the pictures all of my cores are running at 100% well under the temperature range for turbo boost to work. I have no idea why turbo boost isn't engaging. As it seems I am literally the only one with this problem.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos IMG_3294[1].jpg  

Run HWiNFO64 (www.hwinfo.com) and check the lower left of the Summary page. This will show the freq that each of the cores are running. They should be changing as the CPU processing changes.
    G75vw-BBK5
    Primary: 1Tb-5400rpm
    Secondary: 500Gb-7200rpm
    USB-3 Drive: Toshiba 500Gb

New ROGer Array

It works!

It finally showed up. The HWiNFO64 showed that my processor cores were being boosted but the gadget showing the boost would never work. Finally I ran the program from Asus's downloads page for the G75 and it worked. Thank you all for your help.

You're welcome!
    Glad to help! Have fun with your G75 - - they are great.
    G75vw-BBK5
    Primary: 1Tb-5400rpm
    Secondary: 500Gb-7200rpm
    USB-3 Drive: Toshiba 500Gb

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast