cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW Turbo Boost

Keithdawson
Level 7
I recently purchased a G75VW-DS71 and it does not seem to have turbo boost. Every thing I have read online and otherwise says that it has turbo boost however it doesn't have it. I use CPU-Z and it doesn't show that I have turbo boost. Also my CPU gadget doesn't say that I have turbo boost. I noticed that there is a turbo boost utility download on the Asus website. Do I have to download it and run it or what?
10 REPLIES 10

dstrakele
Level 14
You should see turbo boost (CPU running at higher frequency) in CPU-Z when you run the Prime95 stress test in the High Performace power profile.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

MaXimus711
Level 10
Intel Turbo Boost Technology Monitor v1.0.400.4

Thats the best one from ASUS that works right

Dont download the later 2.xx versions as those stay in your task bar all the time not only a gadget and if u close it from the task bar the gadget goes away

the one I posted above is only the gadget so you can see when your CPU goes up to full speed during high CPU demand or when launching apps

mrwolf
Level 10
Thanks. From what i understand Turboboost is a passive function that is hardwired into the i7 processors right? So its not something u turn on or turn off, it automatically adapts to usage and temperature.
So really the Turbo boost monitor is just for monitoring correct? just wanna make sure

mrwolf wrote:
Thanks. From what i understand Turboboost is a passive function that is hardwired into the i7 processors right? So its not something u turn on or turn off, it automatically adapts to usage and temperature.
So really the Turbo boost monitor is just for monitoring correct? just wanna make sure

you are absoultely right

Just ensure you have the latest Intel Chipset Drivers installed as they gave me better Turbo Boost Speeds where I am reaching to 3.27 GHz. now!!

Intel Chipset Drivers v9.3.0.1021

mrwolf wrote:

In fact, you can turn it off if you like. Asus allows you to do so in BIOS. Or at least there is an option. I have never used it, I only OC the RAM a little.

DeltaActual
Level 12
Thanks a bunch Maximus:D
G614JV

Hi, I tried all of the things that were told to me. I got the turbo boost gadget, I am running cpu-z and a even tried prime95. Nothing seems to kick in the turbo boost. Even in my bios it says nothing about turbo boost10347[ATTACH=CONFIG]10348 As you can see from the pictures all of my cores are running at 100% well under the temperature range for turbo boost to work. I have no idea why turbo boost isn't engaging. As it seems I am literally the only one with this problem.

Guitarmaker
Level 7
Run HWiNFO64 (www.hwinfo.com) and check the lower left of the Summary page. This will show the freq that each of the cores are running. They should be changing as the CPU processing changes.
G75vw-BBK5
Primary: 1Tb-5400rpm
Secondary: 500Gb-7200rpm
USB-3 Drive: Toshiba 500Gb

It finally showed up. The HWiNFO64 showed that my processor cores were being boosted but the gadget showing the boost would never work. Finally I ran the program from Asus's downloads page for the G75 and it worked. Thank you all for your help.