cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project: Rebublic of PurE GaminG (ROPG)

PurE_GaminG
Level 7
hello guys and girls and moderators, first of all this my first build log, first build and mod i know its lot to take on but i wanna really do this with your support i hopefully will be able to do this.

a bit about myself

im a full time career i look after my disable sisters, most of the time when they are at home, in my spare time i try to learn new skills, astrophotography, photo editing, mainly retouching and bit of 3d cinema 4d.

the thing is that the hobbies i like require gear ( DSLR, decent telescope and ccd camera) which cant afford cause i dont work so that's why i started learning editing software. i like expressing my ideas and design im creative person.

but my computer is so old that it takes forever to render so i thought to myself i need to upgrade or build new custom system from scratch to suite my needs instead of buying ready made generic system.

i didn't have clue where to start so for couple months i have been watching and reading how to choose components and how to to build systems, i have also learn t how to create basic water-cooling single loop and dual loop and what components i need but may be i will did some help has we go through the thread.

after getting to know my way around the forums and actually confident in building system i stared looking at other people project and modds and this has inspired me to make my custom rig.

my custom theme is going to be around rog brand. im so excited.

ok that's enough dont want to bore you any more.

components already acquired

first components i choose first on the hit list was the case which would house everything i desired

after reviewing lots of cases i landed on the CoolerMaster Cosmos II Ultra Full Tower Case

here are some pic

for some reason cant add more picture its says 15 picture per post are you kidding me ^^

CPU i bought the ivy bridge 3770k

so far i De-rivet the case for primer and paint just before i do that i will make some mods just waiting for JJ to get me some news on few font that i need i.e the Asus Maximums V text logo to use has cut out templates.

also ive been working on the acrylic mid-late , for now that's all i have to say ill will keep you guys updated through out the project it may take few months before i complete it reasons its my first time building/modding and lack funds i have.

hope you stay tuned because i will need your support and expertise.
l Intel 377OK 3.50GHZ l Asus Maxiums v Extreme l Asus Geforce GTX 680 DirectCU II OC l Samsung 840 EVO 250GB l

l Coolermaster Cosmos ultra l Corsair 860i I Corsair h100i
45 REPLIES 45

PurE_GaminG
Level 7
Project -ROPG- Build Started

First of all i decided on the theme of the build and color scheme in my head, at moment using using Adobe Photoshop to put my design on screen not ready yet, but i know roughly what i want to do in regrades to the color scheme of the case but not sure about the location of the cutouts that's why im using Photoshop to get visualization on the best location of the cutouts.

so far i disassembled the CoolerMaster Cosmos II ultra case exterior shell ( side trims, fan controller, front panel,,,, bars) etc will upload pic soon

i then moved on to remove the rivets from the whole case using 2.5 and 3mm drill bit (see pic)

Tools

l Intel 377OK 3.50GHZ l Asus Maxiums v Extreme l Asus Geforce GTX 680 DirectCU II OC l Samsung 840 EVO 250GB l

Zka17
Level 16
That case is a solid basis for any builds! :cool: Let us know, how it's going...

PurE_GaminG
Level 7
UPDATE - Before de-rivet

Before De-Riveted

these are some pic before i de- riveted the internal components

PurE_GaminG
Level 7

UPDATE After De-Riveted

After De-riveted

here are some picture of the internal components De-reveted

my room ahhhhhh lol

PurE_GaminG
Level 7
Update -Illuminated Mid Plate-Experiment

I also decided that i would have an illuminated acrylic mid plate so i did lot of research on how to achieve the best without spending lots money which i dont have.

here are the results with no flash and everything thing set to auto, picture took with Kodak EasyShare C643 6.1MP

1st: i used the LEDs box to give an idea of how bright it is Acrylic is illuminated( both sides used 30 cm LED no ends closed.)

2nd: showing the middle layer ( ends not closed)

3rd: shows close up both sides used 30 cm LED (ends not closed)

4th: top down birds eye view (no ends closed)

5th: top down birds eye view close up picture ( no ends closed_

6th: top down birds eye view image taken from far (no ends closed)

7th: image shows top down birds eye view ,two stripes of 30 cm used on left side (no ends closed)

8th: top down birds eye view shows close up of two 30cm LEDs used on left side ( no close ends).

9th: top down side angle shows close up of two 30cm LEDs strip used on left side (no closed ends)

10th: shows another closeup (no closed ends)

im experimenting on the best location of the led strips location to diffuse the light some where in the middle layer.

has you can see i need another two 30cm LED strip for the other side and i need to close the ends some how with L brackets ive have never seen how they have set this up.

until i order the other led stripe i will stop here and concentrate on the painting the interior of the case because its my first time and i need to do lot of research.

PurE_GaminG
Level 7
Update - De-Riveting The Chassis Before and After

i have decided to paint the chassis too after long debate with my self so i got to work with de-riveting chassis.

1st: before De-riveting

After De-riveting.

The next update will be sanding down the the chassis.

PurE_GaminG
Level 7
Update - sanding down chassis

im going to start off with chassis and work my color scheme from here has this is the foundation of the color scheme.

i have sanded the chassis with 240 wet and dry grit paper not finished yet with sanding just got few more details to sand in and rough the surface consistently (see pic)

that's all for now saving money up for safety gear, primer, paint , clear coat cans etc.

Giannis996
Level 9
more photos!!!
Project Name: System Specs:
Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition
Prossesor: Intel Core i7 4820k
Graphic Card: Asus GTX Titan x2
*Power Supply: Cooler Master V850
Ram: 32Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz
Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D
SSD: 2x Samsung Evo 250Gb Raid 0
HDD: 2x Seagate Baraccuda 2TB

Giannis996 wrote:
more photos!!!

lol on their way very soon sir