Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Member Array

Oh finally some good news so my next step would be to install the OS ... I don't understand why those q-codes are so hard to find.Shoudn't be a list with them ....i still have one problem, that would be my memory, i have 16Gb 4x4gb sticks G.Skill 2666Mhz CL11 and it works only with 2sticks, if i use all 4 of them it won't boot, and no screen....i belive that with a BIOS update i will fix the problem...since i'm ok with the system at the momment you think i should try to put the other 2 sticks and see if works?

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Think you can find them in your user manual. No seriously they are in there.

Once you are in the bios again, just set your ram values manually and maybe give the Dram voltage just a touch or two more voltage. That should allow you to use all your sticks.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Member Array

okies, i'm in the bios right now and to be honest don't know what to touch.... i'm in Extreme tweaker panel and
    memory frecquency is in auto so i changed it to 2666 mhz
    the dram voltage =1.674v 1.668v 1.678 it keeps changing all the time.... have no clue how to change it, below DRAM voltage says
    IMC-DRAM Offset sign with the + sign selected
    I can't figure out how to change the voltage

I'm new to all this, its my first time when i'm doin a build .....

ROG Member Array

done, it works with all 4 sticks, i only changed de the ram frequency to 2666mhz
    Thnx alot mate for your help, i appreciate it

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

It is all good buddy we are here to help when we can.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by HiVizMan View Post
    It is all good buddy we are here to help when we can.
    I just spent weeks trying to get this sorted. my old system has sat in the corner of the room for 3 years. ive come to reuse it and used bios flashback to install the latest bios with a 4790s.

after a successful flash I was left with this A2/D2 error. once I plugged in a keyboard and mouse it was A2.

I couldn't get video from the onboard hdmi connection and so bought an nvidia 1660ti and tried that. I should of bought something much older to try.

anyway ive just packed it all away feeling completely sick of it. I can not believe im unable to get a video signal to set up the bios, install the os etc...

system contained#

asus maximus extreme
    4790s
    16 and 32gb of Kingston beast
    1660ti with and without...
    ssd ended up being unplugged as I kept waiting for bios to appear. this didnt happen...

do you know what was happening. why I was never able to get a video signal. not with a pcie card or the onboard connector..... im a few hundred pounds down and did not expect this...

off to go look down the barrel of a shotgun... see if I cant find any answers...
    Last edited by purecain; 05-10-2019 at 10:14 PM.
    AsusCrosshairVIHero - 2700x@4.30Ghz~1.373v
    32Gb G.Skill RGB Trident 16gb3466Mhz + 16gb4266Mhz DDR4@3466mhz
    Titan Xp
    1TbSamsung960EVO M.2 1TbSamsung850EVO SSD Seagate2TB/3Tb CorsairForceGt 64gb
    TTtoughpower1200w80
    Thermaltake Core X71 Tempered glass side panal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2