cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

g75 - wireless display (widi)

deltatko
Level 7
I'm getting ready to purchase a new laptop and one of the things I've been drooling over is the intel wireless display tech. I can't seem to find anything that says if the g75 has it built in. Can anyone help clear this up for me? If it doesn't have the official intel widi, is there a way to get the same functionality?
16 REPLIES 16

c_man
Level 11
You need to replace the WiFi card. And it seems it's inside the laptop.

X-ROG
Level 15
To get WiDi you need the latest Intel wireless card (I can't remember the spec off hand sorry). Our machines come with Ahtros as standard though, but some retailers will upgrade them for you (maybe XoticPC? They do a lot of customizations). Upgrading it yourself will void the warranty as it requires more extensive dismantling of the G75 than just removing a bottom panel.

Holy
Level 7
Yes XoticPC will upgrade it for you. if they don't have a card that supports it listed you can call and request it normaly.
G75vw DS71
3610QM I7
16GB Ram 1600mhz
750GB+120GB(patriot pyro)
Nvidia gtx 660m
Purple Keyboard mod
Proud Owner of a GTX 660ti DC-II

dpaul1701
Level 7
Problem is that you have to do more than just update the wireless card...there is no Intel Integrated Video in this machine...I have not been able to find a way to get it working even though all i7 processors are supposed to have it. Anyone have any ideas???

has anyone gotten this to work with the intel 6235? I tried the software and it says the configuration isn't compatible.

has anyone been able to get this to work?

mrc00l88 wrote:
has anyone gotten this to work with the intel 6235? I tried the software and it says the configuration isn't compatible.

I'm pretty sure the 6235 supports WiDi. It says so as well on the intel website.
Asus G46VW
i7 3630QM | 750GB Hard Drive | 1080p Full HD Display | Corsair Vengeance 16GB | GTX 660m | Windows 7 Ultimate

Djask wrote:
I'm pretty sure the 6235 supports WiDi. It says so as well on the intel website.

The 6235 does - but doesn't look like the g75 does..

alpinestar
Level 7
I seen it when I was editing my 204 bios g75vx