cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows update trouble

Nackers
Level 15
Hi all, I just installed new hard drive and windows, I've started the updates for windows and it's been stuck for about a hour, I've tried to stop install and restart but it installs about 8 upgrades than just sits there, I've left it for about 45 minutes and it has not done anything,, any ideas, Thanks heaps
15 REPLIES 15

Dark
Level 9
Happened to me but i got fed up of waiting was it a service upgrade if so yes they take years to set up.
motherboard ASUS Crosshair V Formula
PSU Fractal Design Newton R2 1000W
MemoryRipjaws 16 GB
CaseArmor Mx
CPUAMD Bulldozer FX-8120 8 Core 3.10GHz

Clocked to 4.5GHz

Im a girl 🙂 so be nice as i bite

I'm using Microsoft security essentials, just got another 22 updates for win7 and 18 for security for win7.. Should I do them all or just one at a time

Nackers
Level 15
Hi ya Dark,, not shore which one it was but yer I was getting a little $%#@*& off about it, I just reset and it stop it,, Think it might of been a Cumulative security or a Win7 x64 update..

Dark
Level 9
Could be as my one like last week i got a service pack update and it took like a hour to put on my pc it was stupid as it looked like it was stuck but after a wile i looked and it was at 4% then it started moving faster but yeah they do take the p
MemoryRipjaws 16 GB
CaseArmor Mx

Clocked to 4.5GHz

Dark
Level 9
One by one 🙂 it'll only take you six years 🙂 never know u mite find the one that takes the piss
MemoryRipjaws 16 GB
CaseArmor Mx

Clocked to 4.5GHz

johnwish wrote:
I have also such problem,can you tell me its solution.

I downloaded Microsoft fixit and it worked for me,,

Nackers
Level 15
I wish I knew,, i've Been stuck on update for windows 7 x64 (KB2522422) for about 30min now going to give it about a hour and see what happens.. I tried to ring Microsoft but there's to long of wait,, so alot of people must be having the same trouble..

Dark
Level 9
Oh Thats The Genuine Windows Validation Update

yeah i f....d that one off as i at to pre crack my windows as key messed up.
MemoryRipjaws 16 GB
CaseArmor Mx

Clocked to 4.5GHz

Nackers
Level 15
I have a genuine disc,, Just stop it and reset, it has come up again in the up grades, Is there any my like that one that you know of,,