cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photo' shop cs5 slows down ssd

Dark
Level 9
Ok problem 1st of all you may have read this thread http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?19671-Safely-Transfer-files-from-C-in-another-driver

My problem ok i had photo shop on my ssd

whats on my ssd windows 7 ultimate
some games
and some programs

once i put photo shop cs5 it slowed it well down also i had lots of space left i dont bloody get it as there is nothing wrong with my ssd its new works perfect just happens when i put photo shop on it so im confused
motherboard ASUS Crosshair V Formula
PSU Fractal Design Newton R2 1000W
MemoryRipjaws 16 GB
CaseArmor Mx
CPUAMD Bulldozer FX-8120 8 Core 3.10GHz

Clocked to 4.5GHz

Im a girl 🙂 so be nice as i bite
19 REPLIES 19

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Did you install the 32 or 64 bit Version?

Dark
Level 9
64 bit version x and all my other programs run fast on my ssd just that dont and i even tried it on a black drive and was same really slow and crashed at times so i just moved it to normal hard disk n its fine so i dont get it
MemoryRipjaws 16 GB
CaseArmor Mx

Clocked to 4.5GHz

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15

Dark
Level 9
yup 64 ultimate
MemoryRipjaws 16 GB
CaseArmor Mx

Clocked to 4.5GHz

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Well that's really strange, because I also have CS5 64 bit running on my SSD and it loads pretty zippy. Try uninstalling it completely, run a regcleaner reboot and reinstall that way. might help, ya never know til ya give it a go

Dark
Level 9
ok ill give that a go but still i have a black ssd n it slowed that one down too ill remove the full program n see what happens when i put it back after reg clean
MemoryRipjaws 16 GB
CaseArmor Mx

Clocked to 4.5GHz

Dark
Level 9
ok done and still same not opening up crashing did reg clean and cc clean put 64 bit on my ssd tried to open it and was so so slow then crashed on me 😞 i give up
MemoryRipjaws 16 GB
CaseArmor Mx

Clocked to 4.5GHz

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Ok, did you deselect the 32 bit version at install time? are you sure you're clicking the 64 bit exe?

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
Ok, did you deselect the 32 bit version at install time? are you sure you're clicking the 64 bit exe?

Yup i removed both files then i did reg clean with cc after i put disk back in let it run setup on my ssd drive then i tried opening 64 biit exe

eg photo shop 64bit and it crashed 😞 even tried the 32 bit same crashed even checked my disk for marks n nothing so i dont get it at all as its doing it on both of my ssd drives but when i remove it to hard disk it runs fine so weird
MemoryRipjaws 16 GB
CaseArmor Mx

Clocked to 4.5GHz