cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU FAN ERROR with Noctua NH-D14 SE2011

Oscurodrago
Level 7
i have some problems with Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 on my Rampage IV Formula ( BIOS 1404 )
every time i turn on my pc it's say CPU FAN ERROR
if i change some settings in bios with Min Temp 20 and min duty cicle % to 80 i'm able to launch Windows but AI SUITE II show CPU FAN error window
Do u Know how fix it?
6 REPLIES 6

HiVizMan
Level 40
I assume that your fan is spinning correctly and that your CPU is nice and cool.

You could simply go to the advanced tab in bios and select fans - there disable the CPU fan monitoring. No more fan warning in POST. Do the same if the tools section of AISuite if you like. Or just remove the whole application 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Just to check, Are you positive its plugged into the main CPU fan header and not the OPT one a little to the right of it?

darivo
Level 7
Oscurodrago wrote:
i have some problems with Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 on my Rampage IV Formula ( BIOS 1404 )
every time i turn on my pc it's say CPU FAN ERROR
if i change some settings in bios with Min Temp 20 and min duty cicle % to 80 i'm able to launch Windows but AI SUITE II show CPU FAN error window
Do u Know how fix it?

change noctua fans for another PWM controlled.
I7 3820@4.5(1.29v)// RampageIV Formula // NH-D14 Se2011 + akasa apache (12+14cm)
Palit GTX580 815c// RV-02 // 8gb GEIL evo Corsa-2240-12-12-12-36(1.52v)
WD 500 Black // Seagate Eco 1GB // Crucial M4 128gb // LEPA G900W

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

RickROG
Level 11
I got the same error a while ago and set my low limit to 100 RPM lower than the speed posted-for me that was 500 RPM, down from 600 RPM.
"If you say you can't, then, you probably can't"

Psycrow
Level 11
This happens for me now, so i changed the bios to warm me at 300 rpm and now it works..i think noctua know about this issue..they try so slve it with asus..its mostly these new ROG boards thats has this issue