cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best FPS Game Recommendations

Dennis_St__John
Level 8
Ok, so I really want to "stretch the legs" on my G75V (see what it can really do). I've got COD Black Ops for starters and everything looks good. What's the "latest and greatest" in terms of FPS games (my favorite gaming genre) with awesome graphics? I'm looking at Battlefield 3 next. Any good? Any others? TIA for any feedback here!
20 REPLIES 20

kkn
Level 14
well i did go from cod:bo ( got tired of it after 4 months ) and to bfbc2 and i loved the bfbc2
from bfbc2 and to BF3 andit is mind blowing so to say.
the engine in bf3 is top notch ( i think so but others may not ) and the mw and cod engines is stil based on the one from mid 2000, and they have not upgraded it so.
in cod you dont have to think mutch about bullet trajectory ( i know typos ) like you have to do in BF3.

Granger
Level 10
What you are going to get with a question like that is answers from Pro BF3 fanboys and Pro CoD Fanboys (no offense intended to either)

I have BFBC2 and BF3, CoD 2,4,WaW, MW2, BO, MW3, FEAR 1,2,3, ARMA II and a load more.

For the moment, what will push your gear the most is BF3, MoH Warfighter is coming this year, its going to be higher quality (gfx) than BF3 and ARMA III risks being pretty loaded too.

speed
Level 12
Crysis is still a tough game for your gpu. From what I have read it is so tough because of a bug in the game. Anyway it is still a test.

Being ingnorant and ingnored one post at a time.

rnealj62
Level 7
The new Crysis is coming out soon and from what I have read it will surpass BF3 in loading up your video cards and CPU
FX 8150 4.6ghz
Crossair V Formula
Corsair VENGANCE DDR3 2133 16gig
2x EVGA GTX 680 HYDRA COPER in SLI
2x Samsung SSD 128 in RAID 0
WD V Raptor 300gig
2x Samsung 1tb in RAID 0
Thermaltake 1050w 80 + Gold
Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow edition/custom water cooled
STRIKE - X fan controler.
ASUS VE278 27" monitor
ACER S20 1HL 20" monitor
Logitech Z906 THX Cert 5.1
Pioneer BD optical drive

mrwolf
Level 10
Indeed.. Im a true long time FPS pc gamer and i have something for u guys who share the similar taste in gaming..
Planetside 2 is out soon, we are in the technical testing phases atm, but beta should be out this week or next.
Planetside 2 is a MMO-FPS (The first of its kind was planetside 1 which was a MAJOR hit back in 2000 Unfortunatly because of subscription based MMO and also back then everyone had a DSL connection the demand was not there as much so SOE had to shut it down)
In my opinion, i have played BF3, black ops everything FPS basically and i do like them, but none of them have come close to the EPIC 800+ battles ive been through recently in planetside 2. In Ps2, you basically squad up with about 10 people in one squad, and a squad can join platoons so in total you can have about a 30man Storm unit, all communicated through VOIP with aircrafts, tanks, everything.. Its a Massivly multiplayer FPS with several RPG elements that make it very very immersive.

Now there is no maps like in the basic style fps (im gonna refer to bf3 as basic because it doesnt compare to the scale of ps2) There is a persistant world with several continents that can have about 2000 player on each continent i believe, anyway there are 3 factions and you battle for control for resources and land.

I will not go into the full details as it is too long to explain, but all you ROG FPS gamer with powerful rigs should check it out, as i guarentee u will stop playing you basic fps games once u try this 😉 😉
The graphics are better than Bf3, absolutley spectacular AAA graphics. Infact my G75 can just about handle everything on high while overclocked. And my notebook make mince-meat of bf3 on everything maxed, so if ur looking for something that will give ur Gaming rig a good test, this is it. No fps out there will push your system as this will. lol i bought my G75 VW, put in 16GB ram and a 256GB SSD JUST FOR THIS GAME

Anyways check it out, hope to c u guys in game 🙂 and oh yea, this game will be fully free to play

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reXlFXVsjAU

Also since we are so close to beta, and ive been participating in tech test for a good few weeks now, there is alot of gameplay footage you can check out on youtube..

Techinstein
Level 9
Tribes Ascend. Amazing free to play fps set the game to max graphical settings and g75vw to high perfermance and youve got an amazing game and machine. Also Modern Warfare 3. Another free to playjust for fun not really graphical is Combat Arms. Go to STEAM and chech out there games.

My machine: G75VW-BBK5 with Windows 8 Pro :cool:

My YouTube: EpicTechinsteinTime

mrwolf
Level 10
Planetside 2 beta is officially out ! lookin to "strech the legs" on ur G75vw this is what u need ! The Ivy-Bridge helps alot here and many systems cannot handle it 🙂

Heres sum gameplay videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTKM5CX5SWQ

Make sure u go sign up for beta ! We need an ROG team in ther 😉

I second Tribes Ascend. It is amazing.
G73JH :: Future recipient of GPU upgrades.

mrwolf
Level 10
I found Tribes Ascend too repetitive and graphics were not that amazing at all :/.. Game play is fantastic on the other hand..