cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus RMA support is so slow, anyone else had this problem?

Destroyer99
Level 7
I have a G75 laptop with GTX670m card i was getting over 90C in furmark benchmarks so i sent it in. They received it on the 10th and its now the 28 and its still not done.

They said they have been waiting for a thermal module since the 11th and said they will get it in on 26th and it should be done but its still not done and now they saying this monday/tuesday it will be done.

Anyone else experience slow repair time with Asus?
27 REPLIES 27

chrsplmr
Level 18
Never.
U dont say where ur from but if u pm mason@asus with rma# ect. he May be able to get info for u.
Keep us posted.c.

Destroyer99
Level 7
Oh, well im from USA.

chrsplmr
Level 18
It happens.. Private Messege Mason and I am sure he will look into it for you .. its his thing .. he
gets off on it. ... hahahha ... worry not.c.

The thermal specs for that card go up to 100*C, why would you RMA it for a benchmark that will push it to the absolute limits? Were you seeing 90*C in games as well?
Laptop - ASUS G751 | 4710 | 24GB RAM | 980M 4GB | Samsung 256GB PCIe SSD | Matte 1920X1080 IPS | Win 10 64
Work - HP 640Z | 6 Core 1650v4 @ 4.0 | 128GB RAM | GTX 1080 | Intel 512GB PCI-E SSD | 7680X1200 (4 24" IPS Displays)
Perifs - Logitech G502 + G933 | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Beyerdynamic DT 1770 250 oHm | Schiit Lyr and Bifrost | Everki Black Beacon
My Portfolio Site - www.amorton.com

Almost Tactful wrote:
The thermal specs for that card go up to 100*C, why would you RMA it for a benchmark that will push it to the absolute limits? Were you seeing 90*C in games as well?

Just because it can go to 100C doesnt mean it has too. i was getting 10-25C more than people running the same benchmark with the same video card. The fact that the gap was pretty big made me want to send it in. Better safe than sorry.

Destroyer99 wrote:
Just because it can go to 100C doesnt mean it has too. i was getting 10-25C more than people running the same benchmark with the same video card. The fact that the gap was pretty big made me want to send it in. Better safe than sorry.

It's probably taking so long because people like you think that a card operating within it's normal limits needs to be RMA'd, so they have to look at everyone and their brother's laptop.

Try to have a little more conscious thought in your day to day life and you'll probably wind up better off.

TheGongshow wrote:
It's probably taking so long because people like you think that a card operating within it's normal limits needs to be RMA'd, so they have to look at everyone and their brother's laptop.

Try to have a little more conscious thought in your day to day life and you'll probably wind up better off.

Once again....i was getting 10-25C more than people using the same benchmarks. What does that tell you? When i am getting up to 94C and others with the same card was getting up to 70-80C.

Using your logic, if the limit is 100C and if you were getting 99C i guess thats fine right?

TheGongshow wrote:
It's probably taking so long because ...

Gong ... play nice friend. hehe

Asus would not have issued an RMA without cause. .. 'better safe than sorry' is Always a good idea.
This surely could be a sign of a 'future' issue .. it was a good call... and Asus must have thought
so as well.
For everything else ... there is This forum. Welcome to ROG.c.

Edit ::: See how 'stuff' gets started over nothing ?? hahahaa DeepBreaths...now forget about it.

kiba
Level 10
the short answer is yes.... lolz

but i will say that the wait is usually worth it, they have never done me wrong.
ROG Notebooks: G75VW, G74SX, & G73JH And a gaming rig.