cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing to boot after some cable management

MrRyaz
Level 10
Hello rog forum, il apologise before hand for the way this is going to be laid out as I am currently using my phone to write, obviously due to my pc not starting.
I am currently getting a red light next to the ram dimms boot status indicator aswell as the error codes...
68 (maby b8) then 02 then EA then 02 flashing up in quick succession.
According to the user manual
68 means 'PCI host bridge initialization'
02 means 'AP initialization before microcode loading'
EA means 'S3 resume boot script error'
01 means ''power on. Reset type detection (hard/soft)

Now this means very little to me and I was wandering if any of you could help me decode it

I'm using Asus rampage three extremely black edition,
Intel i7 960
Corsair dominator gt 1866

Was working fine prior to me tweaking the cables around.

Ideas asap would be appreciated cos using a phone is getting tedious already 😛

Thanks and I hope to hear from you soon

Ryann
I forgot to say it does not post at all just shows no input ofrom gpu on screen
29 REPLIES 29

Anicra
Level 7
One other note if you have your cell phone charging on some Rampage boards on boot it will stall, until the phone is removed. Strange but true.

I7 5960X/Asus RE5u3.1 -3101/64gb(16x4)@3133 @1.39V Gskill 14-15-16-36 cr2/3xTitanX/ WD RE 6.0 TB RAID 0+1/Samsung 840 Pro 256 x2 Raid 0/Samsung 850pro M.2/Asus Essence One/Corsair Ax1500 PSU /Corsair Obs 9800D case/ 3 2xRad 120x3 and 120x1/ EK MB block/AquaC Kryos CPU/Koolance GPU x2/ Bay 452x2(ver2) (2x655 serial)

Zka17
Level 16
Double check if all the cables are connected correctly... also, some of your components could loosen (specially the memory modules), reseat them too!

HiVizMan
Level 40
I would check each and every PSU connector to the motherboard first, then make sure that your DDR3 sticks are correctly seated as has been suggested.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Should be simple enough..if everything was working before hand just double check the connections are true. You haven't stabbed the board with a screwdriver during the tweaking?

Maybe a clear CMOS for good measure?

I have checked both of the motherboard power connectors and re plugged them just incase, as well as the ram and made sure the connection was true aswell as reset the bios and even tried the secondary bios but it still shows the same combination of error codes

Zka17
Level 16
Hm... what's your CPU cooler? Could it happened that you forced it a little bit while you were working with the cables? I'm just thinking about some bent pins...

Pins on what? The 8pin connector? Cos I'm using corsair h100 so I have plenty of space.
You guys recon its a power issue?

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
They are not really error codes more just post codes.... the board is just telling you what it is doing as it does it. The most important one is the code it stops at...is that 02?

Have you checked the connections at the PSU too? and any extension connections?

Zka17
Level 16
Pins in the CPU socket... - it could cause the memory issues...