cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.ROM to .Cap converter - Is there a way to go back.

Anicra
Level 7
Before I convert my bios to .cap using the Asus Tool. Is there a way to go back, if there is a bug in the bios.

For example
I have noticed a few stability issues that I have had with 1305 when I am trying to push it to x50 multiplier. However, I could not test 1404 bios due to the issue that Intel Raid would not recognized a JBOD boot disk. I noticed that was not noted on the later updates, which concerns me. As soon as I reverted to the 2nd bios 1305 the JBOD boot appeared.

So the questions
1) Can you convert back to .rom after .cap change?

2) Does the converter only affect the bios 1 or are both converted to .cap?
If it only affects one bios then no problems I can switch back using bios 2.

side note: and ya, an android phone charging and connected to your computer on boot still stalls the boot.
and Ai Suite II when the monitoring is checked off you cannot use Digi power control in win 7 64 (get a memory violation error)

I7 5960X/Asus RE5u3.1 -3101/64gb(16x4)@3133 @1.39V Gskill 14-15-16-36 cr2/3xTitanX/ WD RE 6.0 TB RAID 0+1/Samsung 840 Pro 256 x2 Raid 0/Samsung 850pro M.2/Asus Essence One/Corsair Ax1500 PSU /Corsair Obs 9800D case/ 3 2xRad 120x3 and 120x1/ EK MB block/AquaC Kryos CPU/Koolance GPU x2/ Bay 452x2(ver2) (2x655 serial)
11 REPLIES 11

HiVizMan
Level 40
I can answer question 2 with some certainty. Both BIOS will be updated.

You could try what Shamino posted - see my sig.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Actually both BIOS are updated at the same time running the CAP converter! :eek:

But Shamino posted a way back from OZ......now immortalised in HiVizMan's sig in that lovely lovely tone of fuscia!;)

HiVizMan
Level 40
It shows my softer side. 😄
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
I think an avatar change...;)

Hahaha brilliant!! +1

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
I think an avatar change...;)

Noted and done. 😄 😄

HiVizMan wrote:
Noted and done. 😄 😄

That remind me of Undertaker.
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
😄 No way! hahaha....that made my day

Edit: Glad to see things back to normal!:)

Markalrighty
Level 7
Anicra wrote:
Before I convert my bios to .cap using the Asus Tool. Is there a way to go back, if there is a bug in the bios.

For example
I have noticed a few stability issues that I have had with 1305 when I am trying to push it to x50 multiplier. However, I could not test 1404 bios due to the issue that Intel Raid would not recognized a JBOD boot disk. I noticed that was not noted on the later updates, which concerns me. As soon as I reverted to the 2nd bios 1305 the JBOD boot appeared.

So the questions
1) Can you convert back to .rom after .cap change?

2) Does the converter only affect the bios 1 or are both converted to .cap?
If it only affects one bios then no problems I can switch back using bios 2.

side note: and ya, an android phone charging and connected to your computer on boot still stalls the boot.
and Ai Suite II when the monitoring is checked off you cannot use Digi power control in win 7 64 (get a memory violation error)

According to Asus its a one way conversion only. On my Rampage IV Extreme running two SSD's in Raid 0 it gives some boot problems periodically. I am thinking of dropping raid altogether to solve the issue.