cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Echo in headset microphone

jluerken
Level 7
Hi Asus,

I am using a Teufel Digital 300 Sound System connected via SPDIF and the sound is great when using boxes.
When I connect my headset to the ROG control box I always here an echo and myself no matter which setting I try in the ASUS Software or within Windows.

I am using Win7 64bit and the actual Phoebus drivers.

How can I remove the echo and stop the listening to myself when talking on teamspeak for example?

Kind regards
jluerken
7 REPLIES 7

xeromist
On Listen tab of the microphone's properties is "Listen to this device" checked? You want it unchecked.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

It is unchecked.

I've now activated my onboard soundcard again and disabled all ports except the microphone.
I can listen now to music using the PHOEBUS (boxes or headset) and when I want to use teamspeak the headset mic is using the onboard card.
I would really like to say that this is working fine but it is not.
I have a VT2020 VIA Soundchip on my ASUS board but in combination with the phoebus driver I get error messages when I try to open the sound settings menu in Win7.

This is still a driver bug!

I did not find any method so far to use the headset with the PHOEBUS only. The mic has always an high echo and it much to sensitive + I always hear myself.
When connecting the mic to the onboard soundcard the voice sound is perfect but then I get crashes.

So I have no way to use the mic on the phoebus and the software does not allow me to use it somewhere else.

@Raja: What should I do here because I do not find a solution and think it is a software bug.

Retired
Not applicable
is the sound card's recording source set to BOTH the mic and the PCM output. ?

Retired
Not applicable
I have SB... But... unchecked, i have echo, checked, no echo..

jluerken
Level 7
No idea how I can set this or not set this. All PHOEBUS settings are default. The echo is extreme and not only minimal.

I also have this problem

I ended up reinstalling the driver a few times and it went away.

The listening to Mic option was never checked.

jluerken
Level 7
I ended up installing a cheap USB soundcard to connect the microphone.
With the onboard soundcard and the Phoebus active I had blue screens.
With the USB Soundcard + Phoebus everything works like a charm.
A shame that it does not work with the Phoebus only and that a 7€ USB stick can do what this card cannot ^^