cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the Secret to getting someone not completely F***Ing retarded on the support

Mirage
Level 7
Lines, because after 3 total RMA's (The first one actually did something but that was back for a dead GPU, but who knows maybe the cause is something on the GPU again) I am getting fed up enough to wish I was in california to go beat the support techs with my still failing laptop.

Seriously, is there ANY official ASUS people on this forum that are even remotely useful?
63 REPLIES 63

Zka17
Level 16
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with support... but don't worry, here is a good place to resolve your issues! 🙂

Those members, who have their nickname ...@asus, they actually are working for Asus. You can PM them...

Mirage
Level 7
if this ends up being a good place to resolve my issues that'll be a first, ASUS Support USED to be so very useful.

Zka17
Level 16
Well, this is a Support Forum... :cool: and it's STILL very useful... just PM the @ASUS guys...

Good luck, mate!

Mirage
Level 7
Can you recommend one?

Mirage wrote:
Can you recommend one?

MarshallR and Raja...

Silver_Wolf
Level 10
Why don't you take a look to see which one is posting in the section for your laptop. Also a tip for you would be to be polite, you know what they say you catch more flies with Honey than vinegar. A polite and friendly attitude will get you a lot further than the way you have been acting in this thread take it from someone who works on a service desk 🙂

Mirage
Level 7
4 days so far, good as the email support time just about.

Well, I have a list of bad experiences with Asus Laptops and the sipport aswell if it makes you feel better.

2 years ago, I buyed a G73J(h) for 1600 Euro.
I think the sound was crappy at the beginning because VIA stuff was installed. Finaly it got fixed but not by a VIA but Realtek thing.

I switch between apartment and university. At university, I always lost my net connection when someone used the LIGHTS. But it didnt happen with my old laptop. Well, this thing got fixed with a new LAN cable,w ich actually had a more tight plug.

After about 1 week I ran into the "grey screen of death" problem when playing World of Warcraft. Support said I shall RMA it.
I told them, I dont want the system beeing reinstalled in the RMA. They answered its standart and no other way.
Then I told them, in that case I want to chance it to a "w" Version with an Nvidia card.

Answere was an E-Mail with a vBIOS wich fixed the GSOD. Sigh, why not in the first E-Mail? Why telling me to RMA? 😛

Next was, I realised that that finger pad in front was acting weired sometimes. Since I dont use it so often I ignored it. But still.... I was upset.

When that thing was about 4 (!!!) month old, the "S" and "D" keys lost their paint!
When it was 7 (!!!) month old, the fan of the GFX board started to sound like a truck.
I send it to RMA (with removed HDs, because an old friend with a PC shop said, it can be done). Got it back after 10 days. They changed the fan but said, the lost paint on the keyboard is my fault and they would only change the keyboard for 90 Euro. I said, leave it.

When the G73 was 14 month old, the fan of the GFX again sounded like a truck. 7 Month after it was exchanged.
I send it to RMA. After 20 days it came back UNFIXED and still roaring like a truck. They said, they did not find any defect hardware.

When it was 22 moth old, fan of GFX roared in increadable volume even in idle mode. I buyed a G75 (because I focused my anger on ATI not ASUS at that moment) for 2000 Euro and plan to send the G73 to RMA (2 month Waranty left!) to use it for ordinary things besides the G75 😛

Now, having my G75 I experience freezes (sometimes in 3D), crashes of the graphics driver, crappy sound and the DVD of one of my games is not accepted for copy protection by this DVD drive..... :mad:

chrsplmr
Level 18
Mason@Asus : PM with your particulars .. US.

Welcome to ROGforum .. everyone here helps. eager really.
Flames off. Its not needed friends.c.