Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    No Longer Works at ASUS Array

When things change, and you can send the unit in for repair again, feel free to hit me up for updates on the RMA via PM or email. I'll also help you parse the language used when submitting the RMA, using my experience as a repair tech, to make sure they zero in on the specific issues you're having if you want.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Mirage, I don't necessarily disagree. I would be fed up before that point too.

However, people will respond better if you stay respectful.

My .02 cents.
    G75VW-BBK5
    i7
    8 GB
    660m

@Mirage, I understand you are frustrated, and everyone needs little time (and space) to vent. The first post or two of frustration were OK, but what is the point in continuing? We all know how you feel, and ASUS reps have offered to contact you to help you out. The last two posts were all but pointless. Maybe you should try asking for help rather than blasting everyone. Sometimes saying "please" really does change things!
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

I left ASUS, please contact cl-scott Array

I know you're running short on time before going back to school but if you'd like to do an RMA, I can make sure it's escalated and expedited so we'll get it back to you within 8 days if at all possible and I think that shouldn't be much of a problem as it should just be a 1 or 2 day thing to replace the MB. I'm checking right now to see what G73Sw components we have so if you decide to send it in I'll make sure we get it taken care of ASAP.

AntiMatter Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

... i love this bar.c.

Quote Originally Posted by chrsplmr View Post
    ... i love this bar.c.
    ??? ??? You mean the candid nature of certain individuals about their feelings?
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

No .. I mean I love this 'bar'.
    Definition: Bar-A gathering place of like minded individuals in the pursuit of mutual happiness.
    Feelings? Pour more LN2, cures all.

I personally, you can ask my wife (haha), look upon emotions as weaknesses
    except for two, love and empathy. The shame is not in an emotion but
    in it's control then over logic. It is forbidden, of myself, for myself.
    [Candid? ... then I would not be repeating it .. also forbidden .. ]

In summary, Emotions are like Money Here. Worthless.

My apologies OP ... but as you can see above 'the fix' is in.
    Last edited by chrsplmr; 08-18-2012 at 02:11 AM.

ROG Member Array

No, you know what i put in? My money. I put it into their pocket and i expect a product that isn't broken out of the box. If you bought a brand new BMW and drove it off the lot to have it's fan stop spinning or noise and smoke come out of it a week into owning it, they'd do everything in their power to make you happy. Asus on the other hand will expect you to pay more money to them to fix a product they sold you as broken.

GongShow Quote: "My G55 is making the same noise. Asus told me to RMA because it is most likely a fan, but couldn't give me a timeline on how long it would take and also told me that i would be responsible for paying to ship my computer to them after spending 1500+ dollars on it just 30 days ago. I told them i won't do it and that their warranty is an absolute joke. "

Gong, What country are you in? Did you start a thread on this ? or Contact Mason ? cl-scott ? Why did you
    not return it to the retailer ?
    "... i expect a product that isn't broken out of the box." If it were broken from the box, why did you not
    exchange it ? (..especially after spending $1500+.. and the return/exchange time is expired .. then ???
    why not RMA?)

"In summary, Emotions are like Money Here. Worthless." The 'here' I refer to is This Forum.

"Asus on the other hand will expect you to pay more money to them to fix a product they sold you as broken."
    This implies that 'they' knew ... really ?
    ( 'They' are probably sitting around, slapping each other on the back, 'We sure got Gong, didnt we ?')
    The cost of shipping is moot, RMA it friend.

Smoke from a BMW ? That's just silly. haahhahaa
    Best of Luck Gong--
    OP - My apologies again for interrupting 'this' thread .. carry on.c.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by chrsplmr View Post
    GongShow Quote: "My G55 is making the same noise. Asus told me to RMA because it is most likely a fan, but couldn't give me a timeline on how long it would take and also told me that i would be responsible for paying to ship my computer to them after spending 1500+ dollars on it just 30 days ago. I told them i won't do it and that their warranty is an absolute joke. "

Gong, What country are you in? Did you start a thread on this ? or Contact Mason ? cl-scott ? Why did you
    not return it to the retailer ?
    "... i expect a product that isn't broken out of the box." If it were broken from the box, why did you not
    exchange it ? (..especially after spending $1500+.. and the return/exchange time is expired .. then ???
    why not RMA?)

"In summary, Emotions are like Money Here. Worthless." The 'here' I refer to is This Forum.

"Asus on the other hand will expect you to pay more money to them to fix a product they sold you as broken."
    This implies that 'they' knew ... really ?
    ( 'They' are probably sitting around, slapping each other on the back, 'We sure got Gong, didnt we ?')
    The cost of shipping is moot, RMA it friend.

Smoke from a BMW ? That's just silly. haahhahaa
    Best of Luck Gong--
    OP - My apologies again for interrupting 'this' thread .. carry on.c.

First of all, the computer did not start making the noise until 15+ days, which is outside of Fry's return policy. I don't blame Asus for Fry's problems.

No, i am not implying they knew. I am implying that they can't afford NOT TO KNOW. That is what Quality Control does. Read these forums, QA is not Asus' strong point.

Also, are you implying you couldn't buy a lemon of a BMW? Oh that's right, because we come back once again to my point BMW has QA and doesn't allow cars off of their factory line that people will have to return or have major repairs to within 2 weeks of buying.

You obviously have drank the Kool-Aid from this company. Unless they pay your mortgage stop being a blind tool and defending them.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast