Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by bbsanchezi View Post
    yeah,had a screen flicker issue too, but wasnt like yours. But you can try to do what i did which worked for
    i'm not sure what you did tho =)

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array dstrakele's Avatar

If both laptop display and external monitor display the same flickering video issue, the cause is most likely the video driver or VGA.

NVIDIA driver remnants that fail to uninstall can cause problems. If I were in your situation, I'd try installing the latest NVIDIA driver from Windows Safe Mode as as a 'clean' install (launch the NVIDIA installer, choose "Custom Instal" and check the "Clean Installation" checkbox).
    G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by dstrakele View Post
    If both laptop display and external monitor display the same flickering video issue, the cause is most likely the video driver or VGA.

NVIDIA driver remnants that fail to uninstall can cause problems. If I were in your situation, I'd try installing the latest NVIDIA driver from Windows Safe Mode as as a 'clean' install (launch the NVIDIA installer, choose "Custom Instal" and check the "Clean Installation" checkbox).
    Its only the monitor flickering, the laptop has crystalclear view. I'm abit curious if i get the 67hz setting right tho, since that seems to work for everyone else, is there a problem that my monitor only supports up too 60hz?

ROG Member Array

Gonna try tghe clean install once

ROG Member Array

ok now i have installed 310.90-notebook-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international.whql drivers as a clean install. and i have both setting at 1920*10 @67Hz but still the same flickers, both monitor and desktop are like 3 months old so i dont think there are any cables that are corrupt or so.

I'm using Philips 273E3L 27" monitor.

I would hate if this means i need to get another computer just to be able to play games when this is supposed to be a gaming laptop =)

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array dstrakele's Avatar

Does the flickering occur only in games?
    G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

ROG Member Array

I see it alot more in games, but its defenietly there outside games aswell.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

My 67Hz does not work as well as it used to on my laptop's screen. Such a shame for this extremly cool laptop.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    My 67Hz does not work as well as it used to on my laptop's screen. Such a shame for this extremly cool laptop.
    Bah this sucks

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

i have a flicker when the brightness of the screen is low... u could see those lines like old monitor had( when u make a video to and old monitor u could see those lines) not that strong but visible

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast