Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Member Array

I tried the router settings you suggested, and while it was already using WPA2-Personal Security and AES Encryption, the router was using channel 6. I changed it to channel 1, which inSSIDer said none of my neighbors were using. Although the improvement from changing it was minor, I'm getting just over 1 Mbps in my room now on my G55.

I also tried to delete my wireless connection and remake it, but it didn't do anything over what changing the channel did.

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array dstrakele's Avatar

Are you using the same server for your speed tests in all cases?
    G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

ROG Member Array

Talking

In the case of both my girlfriend's and my houses, I've been using speedtest.net for all tests thus far, and it's been accessing the same server for all the tests since I've received the G55. Do you think that it is more likely a router issue than an issue with the G55?

Edit: I checked my girlfriend's router out, and it says that its radio type is 802.11g compared to 802.11n that my house's router is using. Could my wireless adapter in the G55 be having issues with N routers?
    Last edited by Mkrevald; 08-06-2012 at 11:22 PM. Reason: additional info

ROG Member Array

I just got home, and the first thing I did was change my router's network mode from Mixed to Wireless-G only.

I'm happy to say that my results on speedtest.net are now at the same level that my U52F was getting, about 20 Mbps.

I don't know why I had to set it to g, but it worked. I wouldn't have found this solution without you, I'm very grateful for your help through this! If I could add more than 1 reputation right now I would, you're more than deserving of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2