Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

price of g55vw in UAE

I am new to this forum...
    Can you people please tell me that what is the price of asus g55vw in dubai in currency dirham???
    and if i buy this laptop will i get the warranty in india??

ROG Enthusiast Array

Good evening!
    I have noticed that my G75 heats up to 99 Celcius when I render 1080p Fraps video in Sony Vegas10 with "High performance mode Power4Gear Hybrid". Everything in sotck condition I did not upgraded anything and not disassebled anything. Do you recommend to install Asus NB probe, by deafult it was not installed on my G75, but it was on G72. NB probe on G72 was alarming every time when I run heavy games (Nfs Shift, Gta IV). So at what temperatures it's better to switch off G75, in order not to heat CPU or motherboard components? Thanks!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rog-1.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	19054

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array mrwolf's Avatar

Damn thats hot man ! lol

Well firstly i would say you should not always use high performance setting on power4gear as it just locks yours CPU to 100% which is bad.. Entertainment is perfect mode as it will allow it to scale between 5-100.. Should allow it to function cooler..

Also since this is a g75vw in UAE thread, im guessing you are in the UAE so turn ur AC UP MAN ! lol turn ur AC to like 22 or something

For the GPU you do not want to go over 80 and for CPU ideally you do not wanna go over 80 or 90.. but still the CPU shouldnt get so hot man.. shouldnt go over 70 really.. ur GPU should be hotter than cpu usually whilst gaming anyway..

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by mrwolf View Post
    Damn thats hot man ! lol

Well firstly i would say you should not always use high performance setting on power4gear as it just locks yours CPU to 100% which is bad.. Entertainment is perfect mode as it will allow it to scale between 5-100.. Should allow it to function cooler..

Also since this is a g75vw in UAE thread, im guessing you are in the UAE so turn ur AC UP MAN ! lol turn ur AC to like 22 or something

For the GPU you do not want to go over 80 and for CPU ideally you do not wanna go over 80 or 90.. but still the CPU shouldnt get so hot man.. shouldnt go over 70 really.. ur GPU should be hotter than cpu usually whilst gaming anyway..
    Thanks for fast respond!
    Yes that's my fault, worrying about consequences , because previously I spoiled my G72 with setFSB, I probably have burned something on motherboard so it works unstable (GPU crashes with "Nvidia display driver not responding" and sometimes it's just power off's when it's too hot. So I decided not to make any external attempts to overclock G75, beside built in functions like Power4Gear High Performance mode. But if temperature was critical why it was not turned off, I thought that it has a function to prevent overheat damage. I'm currently not in UAE, Almaty's temperature currently above 18-20. So do you recommend to use NB probe as precaution programm, or maybe there is other good software for this purposes? By the way do you advise to buy cooling pad, I think that they will not decrease overall temperature more than on 3-5 degrees.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array mrwolf's Avatar

Hmm.. Well i would say you should try and see weather it is a manufacture fault as they can sometimes do bad thermal paste jobs but there is really no point getting a cooling pad, doesnt help much with this laptop..

You can try run furmark or other programs that stress test your cpu or gpu and see how the temps are in a room that is like 20-22 degrees cold..

It should not go higher than 80s.. if it is than you might have a bad paste job :/

I dont know about NBprobe.. never used it.. but yea as you said, it should turn off when tooo hot automatically but thats only if u hit seriously critial, melting temps like 100 or something lol i dnno..

ROG Enthusiast Array

I am sorry for disturbance again. I have noticed thoose yellow glares on the right and left edges of screen. These glares are visible on the black background with 100% level of brightness. Could you please say is it normally? If it is not hard for you could you submit photos of your screens with the black background I want to compare them with mine. I have G75V with mate screen, non 3D model Full Hd screen. I also tested black background on my G72-RBBX05 (glossy screen) and it was perfect, I mean there was no any glare, just still black image. I also have screen protector film on my screen, when I was installing it I applyed minimal pression on it in order not to broke screen, but maybe this protection film formed a small air interlayer which caused this glare. But with out screen protector, F and G potholes scratching screen. So what do you recommend to do? I noticed that screens is big problem in ROG laptops, G72 has a flickering problem which can't be solved, some G73 also have same problem, and now G75 appeared with this problem.
    As always great thanks for your answers and recommendations!
    Photos of screen:
    1).

Name:	2013-05-27-700.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	442.1 KB 
ID:	20942
    2).

Name:	2013-05-27-699.jpg 
Size:	322.6 KB 
ID:	20943

Why not to place unscratching screens and make the best gaming machines ever? Or make special ROG accessories like screen protectors, housing covers, I fully believe that every ROG owner wants those accessories
    Last edited by Asus_G72GX; 05-28-2013 at 04:39 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Would be glad if someone replied for answer
    Last edited by Asus_G72GX; 05-29-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asus_G72GX View Post
    I am sorry for disturbance again. I have noticed thoose yellow glares on the right and left edges of screen. These glares are visible on the black background with 100% level of brightness. Could you please say is it normally? If it is not hard for you could you submit photos of your screens with the black background I want to compare them with mine. I have G75V with mate screen, non 3D model Full Hd screen. I also tested black background on my G72-RBBX05 (glossy screen) and it was perfect, I mean there was no any glare, just still black image. I also have screen protector film on my screen, when I was installing it I applyed minimal pression on it in order not to broke screen, but maybe this protection film formed a small air interlayer which caused this glare. But with out screen protector, F and G potholes scratching screen. So what do you recommend to do? I noticed that screens is big problem in ROG laptops, G72 has a flickering problem which can't be solved, some G73 also have same problem, and now G75 appeared with this problem.
    As always great thanks for your answers and recommendations!
    Photos of screen:
    1).

Name:	2013-05-27-700.jpg 
Size:	442.1 KB 
ID:	20942
    2).

Name:	2013-05-27-699.jpg 
Size:	322.6 KB 
ID:	20943

Why not to place unscratching screens and make the best gaming machines ever? Or make special ROG accessories like screen protectors, housing covers, I fully believe that every ROG owner wants those accessories
    That looks like backlight bleed from the LEDs. There's generally an acceptable level of backlight bleed in all displays and from what I can tell, yours is in the 'acceptable' range.

You could try to get the LCD screen replaced but there's little chance you'll see a massive improvement.
    Last edited by Shawnnepc; 05-29-2013 at 08:04 PM.
    USA ASUS Reseller
    http://www.neteffectspc.com

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnnepc View Post
    That looks like backlight bleed from the LEDs. There's generally an acceptable level of backlight bleed in all displays and from what I can tell, yours is in the 'acceptable' range.

You could try to get the LCD screen replaced but there's little chance you'll see a massive improvement.
    Thanks! What a relief! But what about screen protector? I bought mine from eBay for 14$ it's a no-name screen protector not 3M, I even sure that it's made from material that used for screen protectors on iPhone's. Maybe this film causes some pressure on LCD and static electricity, because I noticed that with screen protector LCD attach more dust. What Asus service centre's recommends on such accessories? Are these films harmful for LCD or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Asus_G72GX View Post
    Thanks! What a relief! But what about screen protector? I bought mine from eBay for 14$ it's a no-name screen protector not 3M, I even sure that it's made from material that used for screen protectors on iPhone's. Maybe this film causes some pressure on LCD and static electricity, because I noticed that with screen protector LCD attach more dust. What Asus service centre's recommends on such accessories? Are these films harmful for LCD or not?
    I've never sold nor have ever been requested to sell screen protectors for laptops.
    USA ASUS Reseller
    http://www.neteffectspc.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast