cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove all recovery partitions

cntmrc
Level 7
Hello to everybody. I just bought a new Asus G75.
The default disk partitioning is as shown in the following image.
Is there any default procedure to delete any unnecessary partition? I want just one single big system partition...
5 REPLIES 5

I_LIKE_MY_O_C_C
Level 8
click the recovery partition to select it, then right click, and you'll be given a set of options. select delete volume. The partition should have a black bar over it. Then select your main partition, then right click, and select extend volume. Then a wizard will appear, it will ask you what disk you want to extend to. Select the previously deleted partition, and that should be it. But why delete the factory recovery? I wish I didn't do that, now I can't get any asus apps anymore since my pc isn't recognized as an asus. check it out: 10638

kkn
Level 14
keep the recovery partition, there are programs that you need when you have to do a new instal again, that are programs thats not on the cd/dvd's that your recovery data is on.
ive done it 2 times and there was a good deal of programs that was on it as new, that was not on the instal cd/dvd when doing a fewsh instal.
keep that recovery its not taking up mutch space enny way, bether safe then sorry.

Thanks for the advice. I think I will keep the recovery partition, and I will keep the System+Data structure.

I have a G73JW running Win 7 Pro 64-bit - I don't mean to sound dumb, but I know I have a recorvery partition because I have attempted to restore this laptop like 5 times and I am able to restore, but after restore and go to the list of partitions, none of them actually say Recovery like the pciture that someone so nicely attached to this thread. I am so afraid that I am going to delete the wrong thing. Is it the one that does not have a drive letter associated with it? If so, can I just delete the other two partitions, 😧 and F:? The reason I am asking this is each time I try and do the restore, I select the option to Recover Windows to entire HD and each time it comes back up there are still 3 partitions. Should I just make the partitions really small and get over it?! Appreciate any guidance you can offer!

desolator4u
Level 7
If you install the ATKACPI Driver under Utilities from the Support Site under your Model, the ASUS specific software should be able to install afterwords. It doesn't just handle the Hotkeys, so go ahead and try it and let me know.
8700K / Noctua U12S / Maximus X Hero / 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz / EVGA GTX 1080 Ti / Seasonic Prime 650W / 4 x 1TB SSD / 970 Pro 512GB M.2 / Game Zero Headset / K95 Platinum / Logitech G502 / Win 10 x64/ ViewSonic XG2701 1080p 144Hz