cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xonar Phoebus + ThunderDX = Good?

ApplesDaMan
Level 7
So I was just curious about this combo. If I get a ASUS Xonar Phoebus sound card and also have a ThunderDX will it make the audio in any situation 2x times better than just having one of the components?

What would you recommend if I want to use it for only PC speakers? (2.0, 5.1)

What wold you recommend for use with only headphones? (USB and not USB)

What would you recommend for 5.1 or 7.1 headphones?

What would you recommend for use with both? Switching from PC Speakers to Headphones when gaming.

What would you recommend for use with only headphones (USB and not USB) and an USB Microphone.

I'm sorry for asking so many questions and not being so well informed about features and so on but I hope someone will be able to shed some light to this 🙂
3 REPLIES 3

kkn
Level 14
why not buy a headset that you like and fits you snugly and that confortable, personaly i run the audio from onboard audio on the mobo ( i have it on my surroundsystem , but only get 2.0 ).
whats your room like? is it easy to put up a 5.1/7.1 system? ( pc speakers ) or do you prefer headset so you can lock other sound devices out so you just listen to what you have to listen to ( thinking of noice from pc or fans or other ppl in the room/house/apartment.
mixing 2 diffrent sound devices/amps i guess is a waist of monney if so.
if its posible, why not fo to a pc/music store and see if they have headsets that you can test out?
Go for a headset whit mic on it ( thats my advice )
im sorry if this is not the info you was after but, its my toughts and opinion 🙂

Thank you so much for your reply. I think your answer is very valid, probably a waste of money I guess. I was thinking about getting some studio headphones and then get an external microphone. I've went to the PC Store / Audio Store and tried some headsets and I'm quite disappointed in the gaming headsets. They don't feel too god and the Razer Carcharias that I actually own, well... they suck nonetheless imo, does not fit me too well because they give me a rash, picks up a lot of dust and it leaks so much! Great microphone though.

I guess I'll get a Studio Headphone and External Microphone, thank you for helping me choosing my option.

BTW I live in a Japanese Mansion but I think having a kick ass setup would make the neighbors mad. I think they will hear 🙂 Also it's very hot so I have my windows open and I'm 100% sure they're going to call the police by hearing the sounds coming out of my games haha !! ^^

kkn
Level 14
hehehe, i only use a earpeace whit mic on it (kinda like the BT headsets for cellphones, only for talking to friends on TS or skype ) but i use my surround as main source.