cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water cooling for Asus rog matrix plat 580s ?

Undertoker
Level 9
is there such a thing ?

im running two in sli on a rampage 3 ext
im finding the primary card is getting hot

any info is appreciated

oh and hi btw *wave
im John
I9 14900K >ASUS ROG Strix RTX 4090 OC Edition
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 EXTREME EATX Motherboard
ASUS ROG PG35VQ @ 200mhz in 3440x1440
Trident Z RGB 64GB DDR5 @ 6400mhz
Samsung 980 EVO Pro M.2 x 5 off
NZXT Z63 Kraken AIO CPU Cooler
NZXT H700i + Hue 2 (Pubg Edition) - Heavily modified
ASUS ROG THOR 1200w PSU
Corsair M65 RGB Mouse
Corsair K95 RGB Keyboard
10 REPLIES 10

kkn
Level 14
you can buy waterblock's and mount them your self, but you will loose your waranty.
how often you you clean the cards?? ( like blow away the cogged dust between the cooling fins? )
heres a site that you can look at ( just an example ) of how the blocks looks like: http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g30/c311/s1351/list/p1/Liquid_Cooling-Water_Blocks_VGA_-_Card_-_nVid...

Retired
Not applicable
kkn wrote:
you can buy waterblock's and mount them your self, but you will loose your waranty.
how often you you clean the cards?? ( like blow away the cogged dust between the cooling fins? )
heres a site that you can look at ( just an example ) of how the blocks looks like:

Hmm, and you will be sure to tell the shop, that you have been running them on water, if need for rma.. ;o)

cravinmild
Level 11
http://www.overclock.net/t/1203528/official-nvidia-gpu-mod-club-aka-the-mod

If you dont hurt anything you can always put any card back to stock for RMA... just dont need to let them know "wink, wink"

There are other ways ive seen too using universal blocks and real watercooling.

HiVizMan
Level 40
When you say the card is getting hot, could you provide a number under load and a number when at idle. It might just be that your card is well within normal and you need not worry at all.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

the 2nd card is nice and cool at about 65deg
the primary card seems to run hotter at around the 70-72 mark
when both are under load

is that about normal ?
ASUS ROG THOR 1200w PSU
Corsair M65 RGB Mouse
Corsair K95 RGB Keyboard

cravinmild
Level 11
those temps aint bad... pretty good in fact. Sli will always cause one card to run hotter than the other (top card runs hotter) unless your watercooling at which point they should be within a few degrees of each other.

Temps aside its still a fun project to watercool components.

thanks for the reply mate, i did think the temperature difference was probably due to airlfow being better over the second card.

ive since had a move about and placed a new 120mm fan into the custom window and its a lot better now

i also had to buy a new psu as the 1000w icute one i was usiung was getting a bit temperamental.

the new AX1200 corsair seems to handle it all no problem.

i am pleased to hear the temps are not to high, ive built a few machines now, but temperature is somthing ive never really had issues or questions about really before
thanks again anyway
ASUS ROG THOR 1200w PSU
Corsair M65 RGB Mouse
Corsair K95 RGB Keyboard

cravinmild
Level 11
NP, have a matrix platinum myself. Love that card. I played abit with mine though.

Had to take this off.

IMGP0337 by cravinmild, on Flickr

and then zipstrapped a H70 to it. I can see 19c startups and idles around 24c with loads normally about 48c. I can oc to 1056 (with certain drivers) when set up for a run. You thought this card was big before try to manouver this beasty around.

IMGP0339 by cravinmild, on Flickr

very fun cards. Im not suggesting you do any of this of course, just showing pics lol

cravinmild
Level 11
silly, of course not :confused: