cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

These Temps / Voltage for 3930k ok under water?

clayton006
Level 7
Specs:
3930k @ 5.0GHz
vcore: 1.41v
LLC: High
CPU Power (forget what it's called) 120%
XMP for RAM

Socket temp: Hovers around 52c-63c (Depending on Prime95 test running)
Core temps:
MAX - 67c / 62c / 59c / 64c / 69c / 77c (doesn't usually hit 77c for very long, stays in the low 70's)
AVG - 57c / 53c / 50c / 54c / 58c / 68c

I don't plan on running the system at 100% 24/7, but do these numbers look decent?
9 REPLIES 9

chrsplmr
Level 18
@ 5.0ghz .. they look real good to me .. i'm no superOCtweak'r but .. yep.c.

Dartmaul
Level 12
If you're stable on 5GHz with only 1.41v vcore it's just amassing!
If you can keep the temperature below 80 degrees under long 100% load it' ok, even for 24\7 use.

Well I spoke a little too soon. I had to up the vcore to 1.43.
All the other temps stayed the same except for that core #5. It will touch 82c briefly, and hop back down into the high 68's - mid 70's. I think it's okay as I don't plan on ever doing anything that will max out the system like this.

I also think my Arctic 2 Cer. needs to still cure for a bit so it may be a touch higher than when the paste fully breaks in.

clayton006
Level 7
Well never mind too, the frequency got pulled back a bit when the one core hit 82c... any other ideas for stability?

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Looks pretty good to me too! Are you cooling your VRM too? You can just try to get any other voltages down as low as they go. CPU PLL can drop to about 1.5/1.6 and still run great and VCCSA and VTT dont have to be high unless you are running high frequency RAM etc.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Do you have any cooling or air flow across your VRM's?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Fan over the VRM area helped a bit it seems from the throttle issues. Looks like I need to find a water block for that. Any suggestions? I saw EK may make one but I've heard mixed things about dealing with them.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
I've not had problems yet with EK (that's not to say it's not possible) the quality of their stuff is good. Only thing is I'm not so sure the block will cool any more than a good fan and it will add restriction to your loop etc. not sure it's worth it.....but aesthetically more pleasing!

I've used a Ultra Kaze 3000 rpm fan and pulled air in from the mount on the back of the case and it seems to cool the VRM okay. (Not warm to the touch when clocking). I've got it at half speed so I'll probably stick with that for now.