cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G73JH - Screen Replacement?

jhames
Level 7
My G73 was overheating after about 10 minutes on a moderate-intensity game. So I decided to replace the thermal paste. It was still overheating, but I noticed that when I limited the FPS in games to 30, the temperature didn't go above 85 Celsius usually. Now my screen is just white from boot with a few lines. Nothing is visible, it's just white... I can still hook it up to an external monitor, so it's not the GPU that's fried right? I notice when I open applications, there's lines roughly where the application should be, so I'm thinking the screen needs to be replaced. I just want to make sure it's the screen and not something else. Also, can I get a better screen (I have a 1600x900 glossy screen, from best buy, could I get a 1920x1080 matte screen, or am I limited to what I already have)? I'll post some pics below, and thanks a bunch!

14 REPLIES 14

evga
Level 9
looks like your gpu is fried .
you can still replace the screen but it will look the same .
im replacing my 1600x900 screen with 1920x1080 matte by chimei ,great screen .

That's what I'm afraid of, if that's so. Can anyone confirm if the GPU is fried? Remember, when I plug it into a monitor, it works fine, which makes me believe it isn't the GPU. :confused:

evga
Level 9
it is man , first gpu death symptoms will be laptop screeen display messing out , later it develops due to heat and reaches its max point , THAT IS TOTAL BLANK .
so save your time and replace the vga.

evga wrote:
it is man , first gpu death symptoms will be laptop screeen display messing out , later it develops due to heat and reaches its max point , THAT IS TOTAL BLANK .

These are some really false info,I think he is trying to sell his GPU to you right?
Same happens over here!

evga wrote:

These are some really false info,I think he is trying to sell his GPU to you right?
Same happens over here!
He tried to do so by PM to me earlier...

Hmm, looks like I'm replacing the screen then. Do replacement screens usually come with a LDVS cable, or do I have to order that separately? I can't seem to find them.

good luck with it ,
when the results turn , you will be looking for me , in asking what gpu to buy , almost 50 people said that they replace the lcd and still same.
so the same with you .
before you changing the lcd try replacing the lvds cable.

good luck with it ,
when the results turn , you will be looking for me , in asking what gpu to buy , almost 50 people said that they replace the lcd and still same.
so the same with you .
before you changing the lcd try replacing the lvds cable.

what ! ? did I send you messages ?
so stupid man , never try to help a creepy Bangladesh guy anymore .
your the epic est guy in the world.
shut up if you dont know the real problem on this thread .