cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ETA Windows 8 Drivers [Xonar Phoebus]

H_A_M_mer
Level 7
@asus-Support:

Is there an ETA on Windows 8 drivers for Xonar Phoebus (at least beta)?

In the meantime: Are Windows 7 drivers compatible with Windows 8?
(If not official, perhaps via forced install through the device manager).

Although Windows 8 will be released to public on october, 26th, it will be available for MSDN-Tech on August, 15th, which is why I am looking forward to win8-compatible drives for xonar phoebus.

Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4

YMone
Level 7
I was able to get the beta drives to work on windows 8 rp 64 bit, you need net frame work 3.5 which it said I needed. After the second I learned the update for window 8 was needed. everything is working fine no problems yet not even with online gaming.
Hope this helps good luck.

YMone wrote:
I was able to get the beta drives to work on windows 8 rp 64 bit, you need net frame work 3.5 which it said I needed. After the second I learned the update for window 8 was needed. everything is working fine no problems yet not even with online gaming.
Hope this helps good luck.

Thx for the info.
I will try this and report back as soon as I get my hands on win8 rtm 64bit.

your welcome and please do report back.

Some interesting info for Win8-users:
I have got the Phoebus beta-drivers (.20) working with Win8 by using Win7-compatibility-mode.

Without that mode just running setup.exe lead to an error-massage ("Platform not supportet") during installation process.
But with compatibility-mode enabled (right-click on setup.exe -> compatibility) drivers and software install and work fine.
(I am still using Win8 CP, so perhaps the above isnt necessary with RP or RTM.)

However my initial question still stands:
When will Win8 drivers for Xonar Phoebus be released?
Please Asus-Support share some info regarding this.

Thanks in advance