cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bosd and rma

JoeyT
Level 7
Hi guy's, this is my first post and I checked the forum if someone had problems with rma as I did and a i found a few. Anyways I have a N61Jq laptop since last year it started to get the bsod with the error bugcode_usb_driver. At first I thought it was win7 the prob i formatted the drive reinstalled the drivers and same error popped up. before anything i had called rma last year couldn't send the laptop in for rma because I got a major surgery in short my laptop warranty expired feb 11 of this year anyways asus accepted to fix my laptop.

The First time they changed the fan. i get it back from asus took 1 week later and the bsod came back with the same error. Called asus for second time they told me I have to send it in again no problem I did, they changed the motherboard the second time.

I get my laptop back as soon as I open it to check it in less than 10 minutes I get the blue screen with the same error. So I figured because of the old motherboard might have corrupted windows or the drivers. I decided to reinstall windows with the factory disc it came with and updated the drivers. 10 minutes after that I get the bsod error message again.

I sent it in for a third time. I'm speechless of how many times I sent it in, and I really don't know if they are fixing it or just saying they, don't get me wrong I'm a fan of asus. All my mobo's we're and are asus. I just purchased a new mobo the p8z77-v Deluxe and absolutely love it.

I wanted to know if I get it back the this time and the error comes back is there anyone I can call for information about the problems ?
15 REPLIES 15

Silver_Wolf
Level 10
Are you getting a reference number each time? If so are you quoting that case number each time? If not try and get a case number out of the person you speak to and make sure they know about the history you have probably just got unlucky and had some serious issues. I'm sure they will get resolved for you 🙂

I do get a reference number each time, also i mention multiple times i've been having the same problem and not once i snapped at the person i spoke too because i know as a fact that if i would go that direction no one would help. It's just bud luck i guess plus i barelly even used the laptop. I just really ran out of luck with it. I'm sure they will resolve it. It's really the first time i had to send in something to asus 3 times or more. I know laptop are more complicated to find the problem than mobo's especially when the error doesn't show up.

Thank You for the reply 🙂

chrsplmr
Level 18
JoeyT ... Welcome to ROG ..
First I'd like to say, p8z77-v Deluxe, yum...

You do not say what country you are in, and the forum country/region is still not working all the time..
So .. second, where are you?
Collect all your reference numbers ect...from your case and PM (private messege) Mason@Asus to see
what can be done. (He is in NorthAmerica but usually can help point you in the right direction if you are not.)

Is the memory removable ? and have you run any memory tests ? or have other memory to try ?
Also .. are you online when this happens ? Have you updated the network driver ? or did windows
update the driver about the time this started ?
Network and Memory are two of the places bsod can come from .. other than os errors or conflicts...
best of luck .. c.

I'm sorry i should have presented myself, My name is joey obviously from the nick it shows. i'm from north america as well but i'm Canadian from Montreal.

Thank You for welcoming me, i absolutely love this forum plenty of information for help and advices, i'm glad i found it while searching for my problem.

The Laptop is a n61JQ, removable memory, I tested the memory with memtest left it for hours came back without any error, i also tested the hard drive in which is a Toshiba 7200 rpm hd, came out without any errors as well. Formatted the drive re installed windows with the recovery disc and as well tried with my windows 7 ultimate disc retail version not a downloaded version or cracked one. I updated all the drivers especially LAN and wireless. The only thing i can't do is change the memories in which i don't have. I never update the drivers from windows updates they are only problems if they do show up i hide them or cancel it.

The bsod is not always at the same place, once it happened when i was on YouTube, another time it happened when i was chit chatting on Facebook, another time i was reading emails on gmail, another time happened when i was listening to music on it with the wireless off and no internet. It's really strange. Its all over the place another time i just restarted the laptop get to the desktop and i get it. it's really hard to pin point from where it comes from I've been trying myself to figure it out and i really strike out on that.

If i can't find my all my case number is there a problem, i have the RMA # ?

chrsplmr
Level 18
That shouldnt be a problem .. rma# should get them there ..

..and you hit the biggies .. youtube, facebook .. ect .. i personally think it is still
between memory/network controller somewhere .. but ..
best to see what the 'professionals' have to say .... hang in there.c.

Shawnnepc
Level 13
Did you send the unit for RMA yet?

If not ...

Go to C:/Windows/Minidump

Highlight all the items in that folder and right click > send to > Zip

E-mail me that zip at : Shawn AT neteffectspc DOT com

I'll take a look and see what's actually causing the error
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com

right now i can't, i sent in the laptop at asus i just hope it doesn't come back the same way the 3 times it did.

JoeyT wrote:
right now i can't, i sent in the laptop at asus i just hope it doesn't come back the same way the 3 times it did.

Usually at that point it'd be a software issue. It's rare for ASUS support to miss something that many times.
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com

i love asus products i would trade them for oters not in a life chance, warranty wise and most of the time quality i have never had any problems with their motherboards. Like i mentioned earlier i just recently purchase a new upgrade that included asus p8z77-v deluxe mobo, i go way back with asus , i forgot the older mobo's but i had a p4p800 e deluxe, a p4p8- se, my last one was a p5q-e had plenty more just dont remember all of them. That's why i went with asus but as of laptop this one deceived me.