Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

Thank you, Menthol!

What the hack is that, HiVizMan?! Some sub-zero cooling device? Never saw something like this before... maybe a DICE thing?

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

It is a refrigeration unit. Phase unit, single stage. What it is - a CPU cooler.

Something like that one in the image is what I used for my SB CPU. Kept it cold at -42'C regardless of what voltage or frequency I pushed my poor CPU too.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Arniebomba's Avatar

Unfortunately these phase units are so big, otherwise i would've definitely used one!
    Great OC'ing by the way! Nice results

HiVizMan:

Well, -42C is definitely lower than I ever could reach with my Noctua NH-D14... But thanks anyway for the idea! Once I found the limits of this setup, the first change will be the cooling... - then, start it over...

Arniebomba:

Thanks! And these are just the beginnings...

Do not get me wrong, cooling will not gain you one MHz extra. All it does is help your CPU survive.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by HiVizMan View Post
    Do not get me wrong, cooling will not gain you one MHz extra. All it does is help your CPU survive.
    Yes Sir! Will keep that in my mind... But if it's preventing my CPU's throttling during benchmarks, it's a cool idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Zka17 View Post
    But if it's preventing my CPU's throttling during benchmarks, it's a cool idea!
    Think you are meaning the X79 platform, when the VRM's get to hot they throttle down. That slows the CPU. SB has no such impediment. Or at least not with the board you are using.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Arniebomba's Avatar

Think you are meaning the X79 platform, when the VRM's get to hot they throttle down.
    I learned something today

AntiMatter Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

... I'm get'n popcorn .. (Z-sweet, sweet, sweet.)

[[ Viz, I picturing the look on my wife's face as I explain the importance of refrigeration to protect my cpu..heheh..shoes dear ?)

Think you are meaning the X79 platform, when the VRM's get to hot they throttle down. That slows the CPU. SB has no such impediment. Or at least not with the board you are using.
    I was meaning the CPU throttling... because of the heat... - or Sandy Bridge wont do this? What will happen if the CPU temp is going too high? Just simple shut down?

Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast