Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    New ROGer Array

"Even i have got the same problem. Initially it was fine bt after 1 month games started freezing with some weird sound. it freezes for few seconds and gets normal every 2 mins. Bt i managed to solve this problem somehow. Load the game and open task manager by ctrl+alt+del and keep it running in the background (minimize) and play the game. "

THE ABOVE TRICK WILL WORK ONLY WHEN YOU ARE PLUGED IN WITH ADAPTOR AND WILL NOT WORK WITH BATTERY POWER. REMEMBER TO KEEP THE TASK MANAGER MINIMIZED AND DO NOT CLOSE IT WHEN YOU PLAY GAMES

New ROGer Array

may be your laptop is dirty, clean and try again .

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Ovidiu View Post
    Hi,

I am having the same problem. Laptop worked fine for a few weeks and now it freezes without any obvious reason.
    Has anyone sent the laptop for repair and got it fixed? If yes, what was the problem?

Thanks
    I now this is an old post, but just in case someone is having the same problems.
    I have finally sent my N56VZ for repair in september. After a week, I called them and they said there was a problem with the HDD and they will replace it. After another week I called them again and this time they said they replaced the HDD but found another problem with the main board and they are waiting for a replacement from Taiwan.
    After two more weeks, the repair status on their website was still in progress so I called them again. This time they said the laptop can't be repaired and I will be offered another one with the same specs or a refund.

In conclusion, I didn't find out what was wrong with it, just that it can't be fixed.

Should I take the chance and accept another laptop or ask for a refund?

Super Moderator Array

You may want to get more opinions from others, but do you know how long it will take to get the refund and is this a concern at all for you?
    Also will you be getting a replacement of the same model or different model?

It seems like with the refund you will have more options and can just get whatever you want, but if your refund isn't enough to purchase the notebook that will be offered as a replacement, you may need to consider the replacement option more if you are interested in that model?

Sorry, you probably already know, but you may just want to check the details as carefully as you can and choose what works best for you?

Not sure why this office couldn't repair your notebook and we may need to find out what happens with the other customers.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Which better Asus N550JV-CN011H (Nvidia 750M) or N56VZ-S4298H (Nvidia 650M) ?
    Are there any problems with gaming on N550JV-CN011H model?

Super Moderator Array

You may want to also check with more websites and more people like your store and local ASUS support, but if you trust this site http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-...M.90245.0.html it mentions under the performance section "Depending on clock speed, the GT 750M with DDR3 memory is about 10 - 15 percent faster than the GT 650M," but it can depend on the system you are using and how you are testing too.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by K_Michael View Post
    Absolutely on all the games after a while, laptop freezes. And out of the speakers begins to be heard a nasty hum. Ceases to respond to absolutely all keystrokes. Helps only pressing and holding the power key.

I tried changing the RAM, hard drive, disconnect the network devices.

Did reinstalling system from scratch, neither of which is not help.
    This is a marriage? Or what is the reason that I do not know?

P.s sometimes the game can run three hours and at the same temperature can reach 85 degrees and does not hang, and sometimes three minutes and all.

Quote Originally Posted by leed80 View Post
    Same same problem I had it

When I play games on my laptop, temperature is very very hot and high; I'm used external cool fan but is not useful
    Freeeeeeezing and ALT+CTRL+DEL and POWER button are not useful to shutdown the LAPTOP, only removed the battery and shutdown the laptop,

Sometimes my LAPTOP is hanging when I'm using the windows only not gaming and the laptop is not hot.
    Installed all windows update but still the problem,
    So I doubted in windows 8 and removed it and installed windows 7 with all drivers,
    but still the problem same same problem in windows 8,

Now tell me what's the problem with my new laptop?
    Are there a problem with Nvidia graphics card settings?
    Is there a problem with some hardware?
    Tell me what do I do?

Spec.
    ASUS N56VZ-S4298H, Intel® Core™ i7-3610QM 2.30 GHz, 12GB Memory, 1TB HDD, DVDRW, 15.6" HD LED, GeForce GT650M 4GB, Windows 8 .
    I bought it with 1500$.

Best regards,
    Waleed
    IT Assistant

Sorry guys
    They refused to replace my notebook with another one,
    They said that the problem was solved when they upgraded the laptop from windows 8 to windows 8.1 ver. 6.3 (build 9600)
    I refused take the laptop,
    What do you think guys? Do you think the upgrading will solve these problems above?
    Anybody tries to solve these problems with upgrading to windows 8.1 ver. 6.3 (build 9600)??
    Is it helpful?
    Help me fast
    Last edited by leed80; 04-14-2014 at 09:39 PM.

New ROGer Array

same problem here, freezes and make a weird sound. he went 2 times for Asus and still doing that.
    I love ASUS, in my house there are 4 of them, but it´s starts to annoying me. They could not just simply see the problem.
    PS: it all started when ASUS changed my motherboard, before it was awsome, now, garbage.

Super Moderator Array

Quote Originally Posted by MiguelMatos View Post
    same problem here, freezes and make a weird sound. he went 2 times for Asus and still doing that.
    I love ASUS, in my house there are 4 of them, but it´s starts to annoying me. They could not just simply see the problem.
    PS: it all started when ASUS changed my motherboard, before it was awsome, now, garbage.
    Can you make the problem happen when you want and provide the details to the ASUS service center to catch it?
    Otherwise, have you been able to take a picture or short video of the problem when it occurs to show your local ASUS support?

Hoping we can catch and fix this problem for you eventually.

Would like to get your notebook serial number to investigate more, but unfortunately, don't think you can send me a private message (PM) yet until you have more posts, so we may need to wait for this first (if you want to post 4 more times, I may delete the extra posts). Thanks.
    Last edited by cl-Albert; 08-25-2014 at 08:02 PM.

New ROGer Array

Hi guys,
    same problem, can't play with this laptop, it freezes all the time when the GT650m got activated. Trully a piece of **** and noone knows where it come from. I've heard that ram can be the problem but also a tons of things... What a shame for such and expensive ****. I'll never ever again for for ASUS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2