cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus g75 vw problem

11niemky
Level 7
I have two problems with the lap top that are very annoying. The first one is that on a few occasions the keyboard will not light up after the computer turns back on from sleep mode. I can deal with that one for now. The second one i find to be a serious issue. My computer just crashes and restarts, no warning, just boom black screen then it auto reboots and starts back up with the "your computer did not succesfully shut down message". This has had a clean sweep to it and this is the 256ssd with a 750 gig hard drive. I personally have never had any experince with an ssd drive before. Could this be the ssd version of a hard drive crash? This also only seems to happen while browsing the web
7 REPLIES 7

c_man
Level 11
Hard to say. When this happens to me on anything, first I use a live Linux session to see if it's software related or not.

mrwolf
Level 10
I had this same issue with the keyboard light.. It seemed to have fixed itself :s

Try making sure there is no disc inside when it goes to sleep and use the fn keys to turn off the keyboard lights before u let it sleep.. When u start up again, sign in, and use the fn+f4 to turn on.. Worked for me..

c_man
Level 11
SO you guys use Instant On? And wht BIOS? I never had this problem and I had a few G75 to test.

mrwolf
Level 10
I have instant on enabled and BIOS version is 207..
Its weird tho it hasn't happened all day to me..

Btw, what does instant on do exactly..?

c_man
Level 11
That is hard to answer. Might very well be Microsoft's way of having something in Windows that is similar to what Apple has. As far as I can tell, it's just a fancy Sleep name with maybe a few tweeks to speed things up a little.

Anyway, Instant on works very good on Windows 7, going and returning from sleep is almost instant, as the name says.

I use Instant on and BIOS 210. I never had this problem.

mrwolf
Level 10
Ok so i have narrowed down the keyboard light issue down to my BDrom drive..

For some reason when my system goes to sleep for more than an hour or so with a disc in the drive the keyboard lights are rendered non fuctional :s lol strange..
When waking it up after sleep mode in the login screen you can hear the disc being read which causes a tiny bit of lag and prevents the keyboard lights from working..

Without a CD in the drive this never happens.. Minor issues but should still be considered..

c_man
Level 11
Asus needs to check this, you should report the problem.

Since I hardly use the ODD, I guess this is why I never had any problems.