cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is with the G75 microphone?

BrandeX
Level 9
It's completely worthless for me, unless there is some setting I am not seeing which should be changed. Even with the boost maxed out in Windows properties, I have to shout at my screen for it to pick up anything.

Is there anything that can be adjusted besides the regular properties window to improve the sound reception?
10 REPLIES 10

aaronmtth
Level 7
same thing is happening to me...my friends kept telling me to stop "whispering" when i am talking normally.
I couldnt find a solution other than using a gaming headset .___.

BrandeX
Level 9
Due to lack of response, I am guessing either most people have never tried the built-in mic, or only 2 people ever had this problem. :confused:

rewben
Level 13
just recorded my own voice with the built-in microphone (no shouting, just talk normally). it works, loud and clear.

I am getting the same issue with skype. I have been trying everything and it is also picking up alot of background noise.
It doesn't sound that bad when you test it yourself but everyone on skype tells me it sounds like crap or its too quiet. I'm testing the new driver release though I doubt thats gonna help.

BrandeX
Level 9
Yea, I never found a solution other than to plug in a different mic because this one is unusable atm.
/facepalm

I fixed the microphone issue for me.

What I did was opened up the device manager and remove the sounds drivers. both Nvidia and VIA and restarted the computer. Installed the Nvidia beta version and then restarted the computer again and reinstalled the newest VIA and now it sounds much better.

Anyone ever figure this one out? Or does the mic just completely suck on these G75's?
I recorded myself on skype and I can hear myself but there's always a buzzing/feedback noise behind my voice that everyone complains about.

Could I get the links for the drivers you used?

Mic just sucks. You'd think buying an expensive gaming laptop the mic and subwoofer would be decent. Anyway, buy an external headset/mic and that should fix your issue.