cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show temp in fahrenheit

hobogoblin
Level 7
I'm going nuts looking through all the setting but I can't get it to show the temp in Fahrenheit, will only show in Celsius.

Any help would be grateful.
5 REPLIES 5

HiVizMan
Level 40
Welcome to the metric age. 🙂

What motherboard or application are you using or wanting to use. If you want to monitor in OS use a third party application and those you can set the temperature scale to either F or C.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Welcome to the metric age. 🙂

What motherboard or application are you using or wanting to use. If you want to monitor in OS use a third party application and those you can set the temperature scale to either F or C.

I'm using the Asus GPU Tweak & Monitor software that came with my Sabertooth z77 motherboard.

xeromist
System temps are always measured in Celsius. As HVM noted there are a few applications which will allow you to see temps in F but there's really no point since the best reason to check temps is comparison (factory spec, other people, evaluating cooling products, etc) and all of that information is published in C. Do yourself the favor of thinking of hardware temps in C or you will constantly have to convert back & forth to communicate with the rest of the world.

If just for kicks you want to know what a temp is relative to another F measurement you can plug it into google for a quick one-off answer. "30c to f" for example (and the reverse works as well).
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Thanks. Can someone tell me if 40 C is a good temp then?

xeromist
That depends on what that temp is for and what kind of cooling is being used but for a stock mid range CPU at idle with air cooling that would be a good temp.

If you tell us about your system and whether that is an idle or load temp plus your ambient room temperature we could tell you more confidently.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…