cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get faster support from Asus for defective parts

J3dTanner
Level 7
Hi Folks,

Any idea how I can get quick support from Asus for G55VW issues, say replacement for a defective video card? I've already emailed them and though they have replied, it's taking them so long to resolve my issue. Out of the box I am having problems with my unit unable to run any of the latest games (D3, Starcraft2, BF3, and a few more) even on lowest settings. In fact, I have created a thread here and someone who has the same model and specs as I have confirmed he can run everything fine out of the box and have advised I have a defective video card.

Here's the link: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?19046-G55VW-FPS-Fluctuates-with-latest-games&country=&statu...

Asus support on the other hand have recommended to reinstall Windows of which I have done so several times already using the G55 recovery discs as well as using Microsoft's Win7 and from the stock NVidia drivers to the latest beta but yet not resolving anything. My FPS, based from a few benchmark tools ranges from 10 - 15 FPS only. I have even brought the unit to the local Asus service center and their engineers are incompetent. In fact, one even recommended turning off Intel Virtualization Technology from the BIOS. I said what's that got to do with VGA card?

By the way, I am located in Asia but purchased the unit in the US through Amazon.

Help please! I am getting desperate having to pay over USD1,200 but can't use it for what it is intended for... Appreciate if you can direct me to someone in Asus you might know. Thanks in advance!!
4 REPLIES 4

Shawnnepc
Level 13
J3dTanner wrote:
Hi Folks,

Any idea how I can get quick support from Asus for G55VW issues, say replacement for a defective video card? I've already emailed them and though they have replied, it's taking them so long to resolve my issue. Out of the box I am having problems with my unit unable to run any of the latest games (D3, Starcraft2, BF3, and a few more) even on lowest settings. In fact, I have created a thread here and someone who has the same model and specs as I have confirmed he can run everything fine out of the box and have advised I have a defective video card.

Here's the link: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?19046-G55VW-FPS-Fluctuates-with-latest-games&country=&statu...

Asus support on the other hand have recommended to reinstall Windows of which I have done so several times already using the G55 recovery discs as well as using Microsoft's Win7 and from the stock NVidia drivers to the latest beta but yet not resolving anything. My FPS, based from a few benchmark tools ranges from 10 - 15 FPS only. I have even brought the unit to the local Asus service center and their engineers are incompetent. In fact, one even recommended turning off Intel Virtualization Technology from the BIOS. I said what's that got to do with VGA card?

By the way, I am located in Asia but purchased the unit in the US through Amazon.

Help please! I am getting desperate having to pay over USD1,200 but can't use it for what it is intended for... Appreciate if you can direct me to someone in Asus you might know. Thanks in advance!!

That's a new one. IVT, what the heck was that guy thinking?

Where in Asia are you located?
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com

Shawnnepc wrote:
That's a new one. IVT, what the heck was that guy thinking?

Where in Asia are you located?

I am in the Philippines. Anyway, I am currently in communication with one of the Asus peepz and per his advise, I'll have to bring it back to the service center for hardware related issues. *Sigh* sad... Unit is still relatively brand new and it worries me what will happen to it once they take it apart and/or do all sorts of diagnostic tests to it...

Though I still consider Asus as a good brand, I think I'll stick to Desktop for gaming next time. 😞

G74sxpoo
Level 9
Want to know the quickest way to resolve Asus issues? DON'T BUY ONE.

For a premium laptop the G75 is still having the SAME ISSUES as the G74. Asus, do you think I will upgrade? hahahahaha

G74sxpoo wrote:
Want to know the quickest way to resolve Asus issues? DON'T BUY ONE.

For a premium laptop the G75 is still having the SAME ISSUES as the G74. Asus, do you think I will upgrade? hahahahaha

Except that it doesn't?

Lose the attitude.
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com