Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

useless as hell. Liseten to youtube and it sounds like crap.
    "Fresher then the average McDonalds"
    Bone stock G75VW-TS71

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

You are right, feel free to make your own settings.

Banned Array

Quote Originally Posted by Glacial View Post
    Thank you. So it is indeed so because newer via driver has low volume. I was afraid that I have somekind of SC/ speaker defect.
    Yeah bro, the difference between the 10500B Drivers and the 10600 or later Drivers is very big! With the 10600 or later I can barely hear the speakers when listening to Music or watching a Movie. With the 10500B drivers, the sound is very loud and crisp with lovely bass! Anyone saying that you don't need loudness in speakers is pure insane! Off-course you need them to be loud! You need to enjoy your speakers so obviously you want loud and crisp sound

Hm, you guys make me find some kind of measure device to test 10500 vs 10600 on my laptop as far as loudness goes.

Thing is these speakers when go loud, they just screm, they do not play music. You can use whatever driver you want. It's the system itself that is the problem and this is why they cannot fix it, even with this huge amount of sound drivers (on my other laptops I used one sound driver and that was it). I don't have a high-end audio system, but still it's a 10k system and I know a thing or two about sound, from loundness to quality. In fact a good system should not be loud at all, should not scream, should not make your ears hurt. The sound dynamic is something different, completly. Of course most people just turn the volume as high as possible. I'm fine with that, I respect that, but they should respect my hearing as well.

Even so, 10500 is somewhat OK is you use only laptop speakers. If you use a mix of speaker, headphone, hdmi, then it's a lot worse than 10600. Not sound worse, but it's a pain to use. Also, the bass itself is just a software trick that one can get with any program if needed. I've said this in the OP.

ROG Member Array

every time i plugin speakers or headphones, and i think randomly as well, my VIA HD AUDIO DECK takes itself off of default device and i wont have sound. So ill have to click default device several times a day to get the sound on again which is kind of annoying. how can i get it to stay on "default" device?

im on a g75vw

New ROGer Array

Has anyone tried 10.12.00.30 driver which can be found a via's homepage?
    im using it now dosn't seem to make the big difference.

I have no idea about the Default device. All I can say is that with a fresh install and 10600 I never had any problems.

This latest driver might help W8, but for sound improvement there is no hope. This is the hardware design of the system, it cannot do any better. And these settings I've made are just a way to hide the problem a little. They cannot make things much better, but at least sound is a bit better. Also I've seen that not all the G75 sound the same, some have weird distorsions, I have no idea what's the problem since the software setup was 100% the same.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    I have no idea about the Default device. All I can say is that with a fresh install and 10600 I never had any problems.

This latest driver might help W8, but for sound improvement there is no hope. This is the hardware design of the system, it cannot do any better. And these settings I've made are just a way to hide the problem a little. They cannot make things much better, but at least sound is a bit better. Also I've seen that not all the G75 sound the same, some have weird distorsions, I have no idea what's the problem since the software setup was 100% the same.
    oh wells
    thanks for the response

ROG Member Array

Hi,
    my problem is that with my headphones connected every time i open a program or just youtube the subwoofer plays loud. I have to disconnect and reconnect de headphones to stop it. Do you have this problem? There is a profile for headphones to set 2.0 not 2.1?

This should not happen anymore with a proper 10600+ driver install. If it still does, there must be some leftovers from previous drivers.

You can disable 2.1 in VIA HD Deck for as a simple solution.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast