cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best cooling mat/chill mat for G75

mrwolf
Level 10
Alright so finally downloaded the Furmark application and did the standard burn in test for 15minutes.
I got a burn in score of 1464 and max temperature of 85degrees (my room temp is about 22degrees). I did a bit of searching on the forums here and i have come to the conclusion that this is relatively normal and that my laptop is not defective.. Is this correct?
Btw i have never hit anything close to that while playing games, max i ever hit was 75degrees while gaming.

This got me wondering weather i should invest in a cooling mat just to be on the safe side.. Any suggestions on the best product for my notebook? I want something for keeping on my desk btw not on my lap as i might be playing for few hours.

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17

mrwolf
Level 10
I found the perfect solution with real results on the a similar system, the G73 😄

For all you guys experiencing high temps, this looks like it would help quite a bit, although it seems to have a better affect on the CPU but still brings down the GPU temp by 8 degrees which can be quite significant..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xv8lr0rUzk&feature=related

ImperfectLink
Level 7
I don't think the air intake is at the bottom though. So would that really help?

Edit: Looks like it is at the bottom/front.

c_man
Level 11

mrwolf
Level 10
i know that there are a few air intakes at the bottom for the CPU i believe but do you guys know where the GPU air intake is if there is one..?
Either way it would make a difference as there would be more airflow

c_man
Level 11
I'll try to get a Cooler Master and do a test for you tonigh. I have my G75 in a very hot room, I'm not sure it will help that much.

mrwolf
Level 10
Amazing bro, that would be helpful as i would know weather to buy it or not when i get back to london thanks. The main reason i want it is because at the moment im in dubai in a very very chilled, air conditioned room.. But that is not the case back home lol 😕

Anyways let me know how it goes 🙂

Daylife
Level 9
Does the G75 even need a cooling mat?

c_man
Level 11

c_man
Level 11
I have done the testing using a Cooler Master X3 I think.

Prime and Furmark, there is no real difference with or without it.