cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So the G74SX is dead, and we will never get a keyboard fix?

G74sxpoo
Level 9
To get a numlock?

Do the idiots at ASUS think that I am going to dump another $1700+ on one of their laptops after the horrid support I/we got for the G74?
15 REPLIES 15

380mcn
Level 9
i really think so. my next laptop will be probably an alienware or a MSI gaming notebook.
Keep an eye on samsung, they are restarting their laptop business.

380mcn wrote:
i really think so. my next laptop will be probably an alienware or a MSI gaming notebook.
Keep an eye on samsung, they are restarting their laptop business.

I'm glad that guy got banned finally.

Anyways,

I've resold laptops for quite some time now and I can assure you, no one is different.

We just dropped all of our Alienware ties because of they're incredibly bad support and components. They also have one of the worst billing departments that I've ever had to deal with in all of my years in IT.

MSI units are generally cheap and expensive to repair. Their support is also pretty abysmal.

I don't know much about Samsung as their laptops have always been in the lower end of the spectrum or not available for me to resell.

I do like their phones and refrigerators.

Regardless, best of luck with whatever vendor you choose in the future.

Don't forget that you've got a pretty awesome community backing ASUS products that can help you as much as we can.
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com

Shall I nuke this thread?

I would second @Shawnnepc. Does Apple have a community of enthusiasts who are willing to spend hours of their time helping out without payment?
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Zygomorphic wrote:
Shall I nuke this thread?

I would second @Shawnnepc. Does Apple have a community of enthusiasts who are willing to spend hours of their time helping out without payment?

Nah. Just leave it be..

For good and bad, it adds flavor to the Forums' concoction. 😛
ASUS G74SX-3DE

fostert
Level 12
The guy's got a point...the G74 has been left to languish by ASUS it seems when a simple BIOS upgrade would have solved alot of problems identified on these forums months ago. Where is BIOS 204?
--
G74SX-CST1-CBIL, i7 2630QM 2GHz
32GB DDR3 RAM @1333MHz
GTX560M 3GB DDR5 (192 bit)
17.3" LED 1920x1080
Sentelic TP, BIOS 203
Debian Linux Wheezy (Testing) Kernel 3.2, NVIDIA 295.40

fostert wrote:
The guy's got a point...the G74 has been left to languish by ASUS it seems when a simple BIOS upgrade would have solved alot of problems identified on these forums months ago. Where is BIOS 204?

Others have been more fair in their dealings, people like you. The OP has been a problem for the mods and was simply spamming and flaming. As a general rule, his posts and threads have been deleted. This one may have been left, I don't know. I wasn't a mod at the time he was a problem. Just heard the after-effects.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Cat
Level 9
Playing Devil's Advocate here: Just because all the other vendors are worse doesn't mean ASUS aren't bad.

Cat wrote:
Playing Devil's Advocate here: Just because all the other vendors are worse doesn't mean ASUS aren't bad.

> Clevo has amazing support and they are cheaper

Not all the other vendors are worse. At least Dell don't blatantly lie to customers and ignore their contractual obligations. Never heard of MSI doing that either now that I think of it,,,

HiVizMan
Level 40
ASUS has some pretty embarrassing support - or more accurately not support for some users and some regions. Let the thread stand. At the end of the day we have nothing to hide.

The OP was way out of line how he interacted with some of the staff here. But that is done and dusted now.

I would be much happier if there were not any threads at all about rubbish support but that is not going to happen any-time soon.

By the way Zyg I am a huge Applie fanboi, and I pay for my extended service agreement on both the Macbook Pro's we have at home. And you do get what you pay for. 😛

But no after-market service is ever going to be perfect, or pleasurable. Mainly because you are only going to need to contact them when things have gone wrong. And when folks pay huge amounts of money for products they expect them to work. And sometimes they do not work as expected. The reasons are many and really not important to the person who has paid the money. lol if you see how some courier firms handle their packages you would be surprised that any electronics products work once they get to the end user. Sometimes it is a design fault that has slipped through the test phases. Some times it is user stupidity, but the reasons are not important the bottom line is that a product has not worked and after market support has to deal with it. Not all of ASUS after market support does.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.