Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by StreetGT View Post
    I just see that people from Asus staff don't want to answer this problem...
    I really wish that it was possible to choose the following for the panel:

Surface: Glossy, Matte
    Resolution: 1600x900, 1920x1080
    Type: IPS, TN
    Refresh: 60Hz, 120Hz

Besides getting the glossy 3D model, there isn't really any options for the G75vx panel.

New ROGer Array

My G73 had faint lines in dark areas, too.

This might not be useful since my machine is a G73sw-xa1, and not a G75, etc., but maybe it'll help someone. I had faint horizontal stripes in the dark areas of the image, each about two pixels wide. Adjusting the nVidia color settings would simply change which area of darkness the lines showed up in. No flickering, but same story as many of you.

Asus has two drivers posted for my machine: v267.54 (Asus's number V8.17.12.6754) and v296.16 (Asus's number V8.17.12.9616). The earlier driver does not show the lines - at all. They're entirely gone. I was convinced it was a hardware issue, too, until I tried the older driver. Now I think perhaps it's a bad interaction between the driver and the panel. That would mean Asus could fix it but nVidia (directly) isn't likely to. I keep wondering if it's some sort of dithering gone wrong.

I wish I could offer more help because without the lines, once the gamma and brightness are set, this display is really beautiful. But we'd need someone with serious skills in drivers, hardware, and low-level programming/hacking to dig in. Not sure that'll happen. If you have a G73, try the older, 267.54 driver from Asus. Everyone else, best of luck! I feel for ya. :/

ROG Enthusiast Array

I just noticed today that i had those lines when i started up EverQuest 2.
    And that is how i found this thread.

I opend paint and filled the screen with black and the lines where there, i closed everquest 2 and the lines where gone!!!
    So i started everquest 2 again and as soon as the monitors flickers over into the game the lines where there again, even if i run the game in windowmode but as son as i quit the game my monitor is back to normal, how can this be? using 310 drivers atm.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Solved it !!!!
    Went into the nvidia control panel and picked "Adjust desktop color settings" and picked "use nvidia settings" and moved one of the sliders and the lines where gone, its like the game where controlling the gamma and color settings or somthing like that.

Well i gues you can say that i did not rly solved it, i just found a way to get rid of it, change the light condition and you get rid of them or atlet you cant see them.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Vicodin's Avatar

I keep hearing of all of these issues people are having with the G75. My G55 has been amazing with no issues at all. I guess maybe I got lucky?

ROG Guru: White Belt Array StreetGT's Avatar

i just send my G75VX to RMA, support team said to send back.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I have the same issue in my G75-VW and it's not a panel issue at all as I get the same lines to my TV via HDMI connection. It's something else. Either it's the GPU or Nvidia drivers.

New ROGer Array

I have the same problem for the most part, except my banding is all vertical. It makes games like EVE look TERRIBLE (as the dark background is where the banding is most prevalent).

Has there been any fix? Is my vertical banding hte same problem the rest of you are experiencing? It really bothers me, as I remove almost all white window colors from my laptops as I find darker colors to be softer on my eyes. Unfortunately, everything that isn't either very bright, or black on this laptop appears with these vertical lines all across the screen.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Guys i managed to fix this problem using the latest driver from nvidia. It would sound stupid, but i just went to the nvidia control panel, change
    resolution, customize, create custom resolution, leave as is. Then test and hit OK.
    That's it, give it a shot guys (already sent it 3 times to RMA and got always the same problem).

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

What latest driver? I run signed 314.07 and I'll give this a try. With this driver the flickr seems to be gone.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast