cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any ETA on when the Asus eStore will come back online?

Woots
Level 11
http://us.estore.asus.com/

I am trying to buy a replacement part for my G75 and I noticed this site has been down a couple days now. I am not sure how long it has been down already.

More importantly, does anyone know when it will come back online?
PC Setup:
Battlestation Setup:

7 REPLIES 7

cl-scott
Level 12
I don't have an ETA for you, but I can tell you that there are people working on it. And I don't know what went wrong with it to answer the obligatory follow-up question. I just know some people in the back here are on it.

That's good to know that people are working on it, I'd like to get a spare battery for my G75.
Also, does anyone know if asus is going to put out a car adapter? I have to run an inverter and it would be
nice if asus made a power cable that plugged directly into the ciggy/power port so I could skip the inverter.

cl-scott wrote:
I don't have an ETA for you, but I can tell you that there are people working on it. And I don't know what went wrong with it to answer the obligatory follow-up question. I just know some people in the back here are on it.

Thanks for heads up 🙂
PC Setup:
Battlestation Setup:

cl-scott
Level 12
I still don't know why it was down, so don't ask, but I can tell you that the estore is back up now. So please feel free to buy loads of stuff. 🙂

Cl-Scott, you will hate me, but speculation is that the website was hacked by a well known up-to-no-good hacker organization that just likes to cause trouble. The group released a statement a few weeks ago when the website went down.

Asus wasn't the first major website to be compromised by this group (if thats what happened). It took so long to get back up (if thats the case) because they wanted to make sure the website was 150 % secure!

BMWacuraFTW

Doesn't seem up to me. Bummer, too, as I wanted to pick up a power/ac adapter. I would have bought one through ASUS, but had to go to a 3rd party option. No way I'm carrying that brick back and forth from work...
G75VW-DS72 w/ Core i7-3610QM, 16GB, GeForce GTX 670, 256 GB SSD, 17.3in Full HD (2D Matte), Blu-ray Writer, Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit

RobM2 wrote:
Doesn't seem up to me. Bummer, too, as I wanted to pick up a power/ac adapter. I would have bought one through ASUS, but had to go to a 3rd party option. No way I'm carrying that brick back and forth from work...

I just checked it again, like I did before posting, and it was working for me. I even tested loading a few additional pages, just in case all I was seeing was a stale cache page. So, maybe it's a stale cache issue on your end.