cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safe operating temperatures

frankp
Level 7
I have this running on an asus rampage IV extreme with an Intel 3930k processors.
Are these temperatures safe for 24/7 use?
First time poster and general all around newbie, so sorry if this is not correctly done.

20 REPLIES 20

Zka17
Level 16
Welcome to the ROG forum!

When you're getting these temps? On idle or on load?

Keep it below 75C and everything will be fine! 75C under max load - during stress testing like AIDA64/Everest...

Thanks.
These are the temperatures I am getting with Seti@home crunching.numbers on all six cores
with hyper threading turned on. What I am wondering is whether running continuously at those
temperature will harm the CPU. It idles in the low to mid 30's C.

Zka17
Level 16
Sincerelly, I have no idea what Seti@home is... 😛

But, if it's your main thing to run and you're getting those temps with it, then don't worry - it's fine! 🙂

It also depend of the how your system cooling config, such as cpu cooler... runningi with all core running seti@home 24/7 it quite normal to generte some heat.

Are you using any 3rd party CPU cooler?
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

I am using a Corsair H100.

Zka17
Level 16
That's fine... if you want to find your system's thermal limits, then run some stress test (Aida or prime) - those will be your very max temps, as no other real life software is able to load the CPU in that way...

But, as I said before, your temps now, with your mentioned application are fine...

HiVizMan
Level 40
For SET they are very good. 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Thanks to all for the replies,
Frank

fronzel
Level 9
Just curious, what CPU temp is your MB reporting in the ASUS software, relative to the Core Temp temperatures?
ASUS Maximus V Formula | Intel 3770K | Corsair Vengance 4x4GB 1600

ASUS GTX 680 DC2 TOP | Seasonic X-760 Gold | Lian Li PC70

Samsung 830 256GB | WD Green 3TB | Dell U2711 | Win7 64