cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73SW - graphic drivers crash and then artifacts - HELP.

n00beat3r
Level 7
Hello.

I am new here, but I really need Your help. I have been sending my notebook G73SW three times to ASUS and still I have this same problem. Firstly sorry for my bad english, but I think You will understand me a little :). My graphic card driver is crashing sometimes - when I try to watch a movie, play game or just surf the Internet. I tried a lot of drivers versions, even from 2011 and betas. I submitted this problem three times to Asus support and it's still bad after a three "repairs". Someday I have taken a photo when this problem appeared and I sent it to Asus support to. This is something strange. It looks like a bad coloured pixels are appearing or sth like that. It happens once a month, sometimes twice a week and I think this is hard to find the solution by Asus warranty.

These are a few photos taken by me when this issue appears:

Issue - photo [1]
Issue - photo [2]
Issue - photo [3]
Issue - photo [4]

I have never OCed graphic card (GTX 460M) or CPU. I tried to install a different versions of Windows 7. Nothing helped. When this issue appear I have to reinstall the whole Windows 7 because reinstalling graphic driver does not help. I do not know what to do now. I can send my notebook to Asus Support again, but what for? They did not solved my issue 3 times. The replacement will be the best for me because I can't stand this anymore. BTW temperatures looks OK.

I really need Your help. I am looking forward to hearing from You.

Sincerely.
Piotr Kuliński
7 REPLIES 7

Idestruction
Level 7
http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/43999

Install the latest driver. I doubt your GPU is going bad. There would be other, worse things happening if it was going bad. Where have you been downloading drivers from? I only install GPU drivers, for both my desktop and laptop, straight from Nvidia. That way you know no one messed with the driver in any way

I always download drivers from the nvidia official site - in my country www.nvidia.pl. I tried WHQL drivers and BETA drivers too. Nothing helps. I think this is something wrong with my GPU, not with drivers or operating system (with and without updates).

Idestruction
Level 7
Try this driver. It is for the GTX 460 (desktop version) which is that same card as the 460M, just for desktops. I use this driver on my 460M and have had no problems.

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/44967

It is driver version 301.42

Hmm... Everyone uses drivers for mobile (M) version of nvidia products for this notebook. I asked 3 people who have the same notebook and everything looks fine. They have no problems with GPU and hard drives (btw ASUS changed my hard drives 3 times and I still have "freezing" problem with them). I assure You this is not the problem with any drivers because I tried everything like I said in the first post. I think there is an error with a BIOS of GPU or something like that. If it will be a problem with drivers or operating system problem, it has been fixed 1 year ago.

I have absolutely the same issue with my G74SX. My drivers are constantly crashing and when the Windows fails to repair the driver I get the lovely blue screen and it just crashes.

I tried re-installing the windows a few times on which i tried several different drivers from NVIDIA site. It crashes on all.

I don't want to start a new thread so it would be lovely if someone look in to this as it seems more people are experiencing the same issue. I saw few more threads similar to this one.

Thank you in advance.

Idestruction
Level 7
You could try flashing the bios of the GPU, if it is even possible. WIll take some serious research to find if A) it is even possible and B) to find a bios for your specific card, if they are even around for public use.

Is there no serious help on this forum? xD