cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This cannot be normal... can it?

Alexraptor
Level 7
Hello there!

Yesterday I went and bought my first laptop, an Asus G75GW.
Magnificent machine, but I seem to have run into a problem which does not seem to be normal.

I know the manual says that one should not place the machine on uneven or unstable surfaces.
But when i lift or tilt my laptop with any kind of uneven pressure on the casing, this happens.
The colors on the monitor get all distorted, but return to normal when the laptop is placed down on a perfectly flat surface again.
This cannot possibly be normal can it?

In addition my power brick seems to be producing an absolutely horrible high pitched whine.
5 REPLIES 5

chrsplmr
Level 18
Put that all back in the box u got it out of .. and march you happy self right back into the retailer for an exchange .. now.
No, thats not normal.. 'horrible' whining from a power brick .. also not good...

Take it back .. exchange it .. first sign of 'not factory perfect' .. is on the retailer. best of luck.c.

c_man
Level 11
The power brick sounds were present on my laptops as well, but I see now that after a few weeks the sound is just gone ont the G75 I have here and all works well.

The other problem is not normal at all. I cannot replicate this with my G75.

Mine have that high pitched voice as well. I was told that it is normal? Mine is G55 though.

High pitched power supply here too.

Only seems to happen when the screen dims though.

No issues from that though. System has been stable.
G75VW-BBK5
i7
8 GB
660m

My first g75 from best buy I had the exact same thing happen to me. Within 15 min. I had a new one. This one has worked great for the past 3 months but all of a sudden it did it to this one. I thing there is an issue with the case or maybe the grounding.