cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to get my 1st Asus Motherboard!

The-Seabigbear
Level 10
Been looking at getting the ASUS Sabertooth X79 & just wanted to know is it better than the EVGA X79 FTW I'm torn cause I have been a long time EVGA fan but, I'm loving what I see & hear about this Sabertooth X79 board, please help!

BTW, mods please move my thread if it's in the wrong place!

Saberseabear
ASUS Sabertooth X79
Intel i7-3820
EVGA 760 in SLI
G.SKILL Sniper Series 32GB DDR3 1866
Corsair AX1200W
Corsair H-100
Cooler Master HAF-X

37 REPLIES 37

The-Seabigbear
Level 10
Been looking at getting the ASUS Sabertooth X79 & just wanted to know if it's better than the EVGA X79 FTW, I'm torn cause I have been a long time EVGA fan but, I'm loving what I see & hear about this Sabertooth X79 board, please help!

This is a re-post from here http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?20418-Looking-to-get-my-1st-Asus-Motherboard!&country=&stat... so please mods delete it thank you!

Saberseabear
ASUS Sabertooth X79
Intel i7-3820
EVGA 760 in SLI
Corsair AX1200W
Corsair H-100
Cooler Master HAF-X

• Replies: 0
  • Views: 26
Wow some help you guys are!:mad:

Saberseabear
ASUS Sabertooth X79
Intel i7-3820
EVGA 760 in SLI
Corsair AX1200W
Corsair H-100
Cooler Master HAF-X

The-Seabigbear wrote:

• Views: 26

I think that most of those views are bots for search engines actually. And if you expect instant answers you should not post on a forum.

I suspect you would be happier with he EVGA board, as you know their products better.

My choice would be the RIVFormula board if I was buying a new X79 setup for gaming.

And what is with all the links to a product in your sig????? Edit the link please.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
I think that most of those views are bots for search engines actually. And if you expect instant answers you should not post on a forum.

I suspect you would be happier with he EVGA board, as you know their products better.

My choice would be the RIVFormula board if I was buying a new X79 setup for gaming.

And what is with all the links to a product in your sig????? Edit the link please.

Sorry, I kind of forgot about bots for search engines & the the links in my sig are my builds I have done & posted at EVGA forums & I use my rigs for OC'ing, gaming, & just everyday use, I do everything with my rig!

Thank you!

Saberseabear
ASUS Sabertooth X79
Intel i7-3820
EVGA 760 in SLI
Corsair AX1200W
Corsair H-100
Cooler Master HAF-X

Be patient my friend... it was weekend... and now it's after midnight here... 🙂

The thing is that this is an Asus forum... most people here are using Asus mobos - of course some may use multiple ones, even EVGA... but those folks didn't got here yet...

I personally never tried the EVGA FTW and had just a short time for the Sabertooth X79... - so, what can I say?! 🙂

Just a thing while you're waiting for advice: you didn't share for what do you need the new mobo? OC'ing, gaming, just everyday use - maybe all of these?

The-Seabigbear
Level 10

• Views: 27

Saberseabear
ASUS Sabertooth X79
Intel i7-3820
EVGA 760 in SLI
Corsair AX1200W
Corsair H-100
Cooler Master HAF-X

speed
Level 12
I go Asus hands down. Been building machines a while and never not once had an Asus board fail.

Being ingnorant and ingnored one post at a time.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Datavac is your rig right 😄 😄

Remove it please.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Datavac is your rig right 😄 😄

Remove it please.

There you go! :cool:

Saberseabear
ASUS Sabertooth X79
Intel i7-3820
EVGA 760 in SLI
Corsair AX1200W
Corsair H-100
Cooler Master HAF-X