cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any recommended Anti-virus???

sing_css
Level 9
Hi there, I am looking for anti-virus that won't slow down my laptop and good security~ So, any recommend??? Thanks
:cool:
12 REPLIES 12

MaXimus711
Level 10
If you have some money to spare, then Eset's NOD32 Antivirus is the best choice for gamers, it is amongst the lightest on systems you won't even feel you have an antivirus installed, yet it is very powerful at detecting/deleting viruses. Been using it since 8 years and never ever got a virus.

If you want a FREE one that is also light and good, maybe not as light but still very good, then avast! antivirus is your best bet. You just need to make sure you turn off its notifications and click the "Do not show again" once the first ad to upgrade pops up on the bottom right and you're good to go.

MaXimus711 wrote:
If you have some money to spare, then Eset's NOD32 Antivirus is the best choice for gamers, it is amongst the lightest on systems you won't even feel you have an antivirus installed, yet it is very powerful at detecting/deleting viruses. Been using it since 8 years and never ever got a virus.

If you want a FREE one that is also light and good, maybe not as light but still very good, then avast! antivirus is your best bet. You just need to make sure you turn off its notifications and click the "Do not show again" once the first ad to upgrade pops up on the bottom right and you're good to go.

Totally agree with this post.

I have also used the Microsoft Essentials to good effect on new OS installs.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

TSC-Ops
Level 7
avast . . .
Asus G75VW-BBK , 24GB , 2x256GB SSD , everything else stock

c_man
Level 11
I am using Comodo Internet Suite for years without a problem. It has antivirus, firewall, a defense system that will tell you if any program tries to change something and a sandbox to run things in a controlled environment.

I keep antivirus on stateful, firewall on custom policy, defense on safe mode, sandbox disabled.

kiba
Level 10
kaspersky, hes an insanely smart dude and hes contracted by vaious governments, if you look at the monthly av pdf's, kaspersky's always at the top. i used to use PandaGP because it was free for me from my work but recently got kaspersky for all my PC's. It also has a gaming mode setting. Make sure to also get something like malwarebytes as well.

TL-DR I use Kaspersky AV (non-internet security version, I prefer windows firewall) w/ MalwareBytes Anti-Malware Pro for malware, you can spend $20 and get pro for life.
ROG Notebooks: G75VW, G74SX, & G73JH And a gaming rig.

DeltaActual
Level 12
Get Miscrosoft Essentials and forget about it
G614JV

Microsoft Essentials is largely targeted by virus and malware writers. I suggest a combination front of Avast and Malwarebytes. Using that combination, along with a COMPETENT operator, I've never seen a machine get infected.

soulctcher wrote:
Microsoft Essentials is largely targeted by virus and malware writers. I suggest a combination front of Avast and Malwarebytes. Using that combination, along with a COMPETENT operator, I've never seen a machine get infected.

Excellent advice there! I wouldn't touch Microsoft Security Essentials personally even if you paid me as I was infected with viruses twice with it on.

I now only trust NOD32 and avast! free antivirus

Shawnnepc
Level 13
MSE + Malwarebytes Pro
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com