Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    New ROGer Array

That's not what were looking for, that only connects two headphones. We want a replacement cable for a headset with audio and mic!

New ROGer Array

ASUS ROG Vulcan ANC Alt cable

you could try

http://uk.startech.com/Cables/Audio-...-F~MUYHSMFFADW

with

2 of these

http://uk.startech.com/Cables/Audio-...o-Male~MU10MMS

Come on ASUS reply with a solution on how to buy a replacement cable.

Make it easy so that people will buy your products again.

maybe do a deal with startech to hold your spares or even better put them on your own site

New ROGer Array Rogrthat PC Specs
    Rogrthat PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus V1 Formula
    ProcessorI7-477OK
    Memory (part number)GSKILL Ripjaws DDR3-2133
    Graphics Card #1Strix 970
    Graphics Card #2Strix 970
    MonitorASUS VG248QE i44MHZ
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Pro 256
    Storage #2WD Black 1TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro H100i
    CaseLian Li
    Power SupplySeasonic Platinum 1000
    Keyboard Steelseries Apex
    Mouse Steelseries Fnatic
    Headset Steelseries Siberia
    Mouse Pad Steelseries
    Headset/Speakers Klipsh
    OS Win 7 Pro

I have a problem with my mic input to the left ear muff and tried asus support on chat explained the problem and they said no warranty no repair. I offered to pay to have the headset repaired and asked where to send them? The answer was no warranty no repair, so fill our planet with more garbage come on ASUS!

New ROGer Array

Same problem

This is real rubbish, high end headset with totally inadequate cable. Last Asus product I buy.....

I have an N55SF laptop
    Maximus IV GENE-Z MB

So they will lose in the long run…

New ROGer Array

Wanted to bump this thread, also - having the same problem... Don't even care about warranty, just wanted to buy a damn cable. It feels like it's a standard practice to sell only the whole product and not replaceable parts, so that people would buy the whole product if they'd need a replacement. The problem is, however, that if the product is not good enough to pay the whole price twice, people won't do it... So ASUS is generally shooting itself in the foot, and they should better sort this stuff out, if they actually want to be accepted as gamer brand. Gamers are picky, and they will remember a bad service.

New ROGer Array

still no news where we can buy the cable?

ROG Enthusiast Array

I think the best thing we all can do is give ASUS headsets a miss and go for another brand. I've had 3 headsets all had faulty leads and no help from ASUS, STOP BUYING THESE HEADSETS, THEN THEY WILL LISTEN.

New ROGer Array

yup just bought myself a razer headset now, damn asus cables.

I will stick to my ROG laptop, since at least their gaming laptop so far is still working for me, lol

New ROGer Array

Howdy Folks

Greetings from South Africa. I'm glad to say I've figured out how to fix this damn cable after I fell victim to a faulty cable as well. The service from Asus regarding this issue is a complete abomination and non-existent, which I as an engineer, finds unacceptable! Anycase, my cable developed a dry joint near the jack that inserts into the headset itself, and I proceeded to excise this piece of cable, and joined the cable back to a brand new jack. With the following pinouts you should be able to repair a variety of issues with your cable as well (such as a cat that decided that it was lunch).

So here we go! I apologise if the image is a bit blurry but you should be able to make out the wires. After carefully stripping your cable you will find 6 wires.

Red = Right Audio Channel
    Green = Left Audio Channel
    Blue - Ground
    Light Blue with copper weave - Ground

Also inside, is another insulated black wire, which contains two additional wires:

Copper - Ground
    White insulated - Mic

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wiresedit.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	46533

1) ALL wires are coated, meaning they are non-conductive unless the coating is removed. Don't bother trying to sand off the coating, put a bit of solder on a soldering iron (called tinning it), and hold against the wire tips, move around slightly to coat the wire tip with solder (this will also burn the non-conductive coating off). In the image above you can see that I have tinned the wire tips.

2) Solder together all the ground wires.

3) Solder the now joined single ground wire, and the remaining 3 wires to your new audio jack, with the following pinout:

Name:	audio.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	7.2 KB 
ID:	46534

You should then be using your Vulcan headset and mic again in no time You can easily adapt these instructions to other scenarios as well, for instance if your cat chewed the cable in half, remove the damaged areas, strip the wires, tin them, and join colour to colour. You can insulate the joints with a bit of hot glue or heat shrink, and finally reinforce the entire joint.

I hope this helps some folks out there.

Regards
    Ross

ROG Member Array

hi im from SA aswell where did you get the jack from i cant seem to find it !!!

Quote Originally Posted by enterdreamspace View Post
    Howdy Folks

Greetings from South Africa. I'm glad to say I've figured out how to fix this damn cable after I fell victim to a faulty cable as well. The service from Asus regarding this issue is a complete abomination and non-existent, which I as an engineer, finds unacceptable! Anycase, my cable developed a dry joint near the jack that inserts into the headset itself, and I proceeded to excise this piece of cable, and joined the cable back to a brand new jack. With the following pinouts you should be able to repair a variety of issues with your cable as well (such as a cat that decided that it was lunch).

So here we go! I apologise if the image is a bit blurry but you should be able to make out the wires. After carefully stripping your cable you will find 6 wires.

Red = Right Audio Channel
    Green = Left Audio Channel
    Blue - Ground
    Light Blue with copper weave - Ground

Also inside, is another insulated black wire, which contains two additional wires:

Copper - Ground
    White insulated - Mic

Name:	wiresedit.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	46533

1) ALL wires are coated, meaning they are non-conductive unless the coating is removed. Don't bother trying to sand off the coating, put a bit of solder on a soldering iron (called tinning it), and hold against the wire tips, move around slightly to coat the wire tip with solder (this will also burn the non-conductive coating off). In the image above you can see that I have tinned the wire tips.

2) Solder together all the ground wires.

3) Solder the now joined single ground wire, and the remaining 3 wires to your new audio jack, with the following pinout:

Name:	audio.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	7.2 KB 
ID:	46534

You should then be using your Vulcan headset and mic again in no time You can easily adapt these instructions to other scenarios as well, for instance if your cat chewed the cable in half, remove the damaged areas, strip the wires, tin them, and join colour to colour. You can insulate the joints with a bit of hot glue or heat shrink, and finally reinforce the entire joint.

I hope this helps some folks out there.

Regards
    Ross
    "Do we live to game.... or do we Game to LIVE?"

Asus Maximus IV Extreme Z
    Intel I5-2500K OC to 4.2
    Inno3D GTX 570 OC to 912Mhz (Arctic Accelero Xtreme Plus II cooler)
    Corsair Vengeance Low profile 4x4Gbs
    Segate barracuda 1TB HDD
    TT 700w lite power PSU
    Coolermaster V6 twin fan (push /pull)
    Phantom Black Enthusiast case

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2